Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No rear speakers with Alpine

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:30 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default No rear speakers with Alpine

I had put in a Alpine 960HDMI and i had it powering my front stage and sub thru my Boston GT-42 four ch amp. And use ch 1-2 for front, And i use ch 3-4 at amp to run sub..
So i decided i want rear fill, so i wired in the High-Level (Speaker Level) wires to the rear speakers... But i dont know why the rear speakers hardly have any audio out of them.. I have the fader in the middle position at the moment but even if i adjust it all the way for rear there is hardly anything . And the balance wont adjust left/right. ?
My previous Pioneer had no issue running it this way, so i figured the Alpine should too. ???
Thought i post before i take it all back out...
Old 09-18-2017, 02:52 PM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

I think you would be happier, even if you get it to work right through the head unit's outputs, by buying a modest external amp to power them instead. I turn my rears on and off to compare and I would not like it as well without them and they are receiving same amount of power as the fronts. I have always liked the front soundstage with good rear fill in a car audio application and then you adjust so that the rears work as fill and don't overpower the fronts. Just my opinion though as many are happy with just a front soundstage.
The following users liked this post:
carls2004 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 03:17 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 02BlownZ06
I think you would be happier, even if you get it to work right through the head unit's outputs, by buying a modest external amp to power them instead. I turn my rears on and off to compare and I would not like it as well without them and they are receiving same amount of power as the fronts. I have always liked the front soundstage with good rear fill in a car audio application and then you adjust so that the rears work as fill and don't overpower the fronts. Just my opinion though as many are happy with just a front soundstage.
Still wanna know why for now.. As im not buying anymore this driving season.. Should work.. If not ill pull the alpine and put trusty pioneer back in and that worked.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:30 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by carls2004
Still wanna know why for now.. As im not buying anymore this driving season.. Should work.. If not ill pull the alpine and put trusty pioneer back in and that worked.
you constantly are having problems

hire someone who knows what they are doing. get it going, enjoy the car

like 99% of the problems i have read center around not wanting to spend money

this isn't a cheap hobby
Old 09-18-2017, 04:42 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racebum
you constantly are having problems

hire someone who knows what they are doing. get it going, enjoy the car

like 99% of the problems i have read center around not wanting to spend money

this isn't a cheap hobby
No need for CRAP answer... This is a forum to ask, these thing's..
So since you don't know than there is no need for that kind of response...
And what problems are u referring to ? My ABS Issue which i myself fixed. ?
And constantly having problem's only started by going to a Alpine... And ive done three prior installs into this car and each was a upgrade and there was no issue's ever. So again if u have no input except except hire someone than go elsewhere.

So i guess u know nothing about wiring in a head unit as u had no input.. So YOU better be sure to pay someone next time ..

At least Blown had some input...

Last edited by carls2004; 09-18-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:40 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by carls2004
No need for CRAP answer... This is a forum to ask, these thing's..
So since you don't know than there is no need for that kind of response...
And what problems are u referring to ? My ABS Issue which i myself fixed. ?
And constantly having problem's only started by going to a Alpine... And ive done three prior installs into this car and each was a upgrade and there was no issue's ever. So again if u have no input except except hire someone than go elsewhere.

So i guess u know nothing about wiring in a head unit as u had no input.. So YOU better be sure to pay someone next time ..

At least Blown had some input...
if you actually would spend some money and do things correctly i'd be more than chatty

it's just honestly. it's like never ending shortcuts then you get upset when there are problems

the situation you're in wouldn't even exist if things were done properly. both blown and i are trouble free. not an issue one that wasn't very easy to solve

you may ask yourself why that is

alpines are a different setup vs pioneer. they have tech help lines. they have docs online as well. the decks perform. when they don't the user or the install is the first suspect

i'm really not trying to rag on you even though i am a bit b1tchy sometimes. it's more of a push to do things right and not have to revisit them

Last edited by racebum; 09-19-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:28 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racebum
if you actually would spend some money and do things correctly i'd be more than chatty

it's just honestly. it's like never ending shortcuts then you get upset when there are problems

the situation you're in wouldn't even exist if things were done properly. both blown and i are trouble free. not an issue one that wasn't very easy to solve

you may ask yourself why that is

alpines are a different setup vs pioneer. they have tech help lines. they have docs online as well. the decks perform. when they don't the user or the install is the first suspect

i'm really not trying to rag on you even though i am a bit b1tchy sometimes. it's more of a push to do things right and not have to revisit them
1 - What money to do correctly,, are u referring to ?
2 - And what short cut's. ?
3 - And no im not upset , My orig question/post was that , a question..
I just stated that im not buying another amp at this moment.
And the way the rear speakers are hook up they should work.And that was no short cut i did..
And that alpine set up for wiring is easy and about the only diff is a few wire colors..... compared to other's..

Oh dont worry i went out this morning and got the rear working..
Guess what, that great Alpine had their wires in the wrong cavity's in the connector in the back of the radio. So it wasnt user error it was Alpine error..
So i did it right... Alpine NO !

Last edited by carls2004; 09-19-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:43 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

So I used to be a big proponent to having rear speakers. Maybe the C5/6/7 is different than my C4 but I don't miss rear fill anymore. Granted for years I had rear fill. It was suggested I ditch the rear fill and just do woofers and then front speakers.

Are the rear speakers giving you audio range missing from the front?

I am more curious than anything.
The following users liked this post:
CaptainMerricka (08-24-2018)
Old 09-19-2017, 04:10 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
So I used to be a big proponent to having rear speakers. Maybe the C5/6/7 is different than my C4 but I don't miss rear fill anymore. Granted for years I had rear fill. It was suggested I ditch the rear fill and just do woofers and then front speakers.

Are the rear speakers giving you audio range missing from the front?

I am more curious than anything.
I ditch them in my Vert when i orig did my second head unit...
But wanted to hook them back up anyways to see if im missing anything. To hard for me to say at the moment..as ive got to adjust and do some play time...
Plus with tho's little 5.25 speakers we cant expect to much.. I think my best speaker add was the subwoofer. But i used a down firing one in my Vert, as you feel it alot more and is a whole lot better and easier to blend the sub with the front stage...
I tried one that wasnt down firing but was hard to get it to blend in and you def heard it coming from behind you more....and less feeling it..

I suspect you would get better results with your C4 with rear than i would get with my C6 Vert

Last edited by carls2004; 09-19-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To No rear speakers with Alpine

Quick Reply: No rear speakers with Alpine