Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front Speakers Bass Keep Cutting Out

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 08:30 PM
czarredd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Front Speakers Bass Keep Cutting Out

Installed new HU using pac-roem vet1 harness and stock speakers in 01 C5....everything sounds good but bass intermittently goes out on front speakers only leaving treble. Last time it happened...lasted about 2-3 days and then bass came back. Happened again today.....

Any suggestions or thoughts on fixes? Thanks
Old 09-27-2017, 08:47 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

It sounds like you have a short somewhere or in your Pac module. I had a similar problem when I was installing my head unit. I had to make a trip to Best Buy to buy another Pac harness/interface. In my case it was the Pac RP5-GM11, and after replacing it with another one, everything worked fine. Luckily I discovered that something was wrong during the original install and noticed the sound was going in and out on some speakers. I noticed when I put pressure on the wiring harness plug that goes into the Pac module, the sound would come on to all the speakers but as soon as I let go I would lose some of the speakers. I ended up only replacing the module part without having to undue all the wiring and connections.
The following users liked this post:
czarredd (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 09:01 PM
czarredd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
It sounds like you have a short somewhere or in your Pac module. I had a similar problem when I was installing my head unit. I had to make a trip to Best Buy to buy another Pac harness/interface. In my case it was the Pac RP5-GM11, and after replacing it with another one, everything worked fine. Luckily I discovered that something was wrong during the original install and noticed the sound was going in and out on some speakers. I noticed when I put pressure on the wiring harness plug that goes into the Pac module, the sound would come on to all the speakers but as soon as I let go I would lose some of the speakers. I ended up only replacing the module part without having to undue all the wiring and connections.
Thanks Torch! I bought the module off Amazon months before I installed it so don't think I'll be able to return. Guess I'll be taking my dash apart this weekend and taking a close look at the harness.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:32 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by czarredd
Thanks Torch! I bought the module off Amazon months before I installed it so don't think I'll be able to return. Guess I'll be taking my dash apart this weekend and taking a close look at the harness.
My advice is to order a new one just in case. If you don't need it, you can send it back but at least you have it available while your dash is apart. If you do need it, I do not advise sending the old one back in the new packaging for a full refund. (hint, hint)
Old 10-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Icefire
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by czarredd
Installed new HU using pac-roem vet1 harness and stock speakers in 01 C5....everything sounds good but bass intermittently goes out on front speakers only leaving treble. Last time it happened...lasted about 2-3 days and then bass came back. Happened again today.....

Any suggestions or thoughts on fixes? Thanks

I had a similar issue where the bass was cutting in and out and for me it was due to using an older USB stick where I had my music stored. Once I pulled it out and played music through Bluetooth it resolved the issue and the bass was back. Not sure how you're listening to music but that may be an issue... it took me two-three months to figure that was the issue.

Get notified of new replies

To Front Speakers Bass Keep Cutting Out

Quick Reply: Front Speakers Bass Keep Cutting Out