Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

is It difficult to run new speaker wires into doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 02:28 PM
sterw
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default is It difficult to run new speaker wires into doors

I am preparing to start my C6 install. Is it difficult to get new wiring into the doors? Also where do you mount the crossovers?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:59 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Running the wires into the doors is not that difficult. The most important part is that you have to remove a rectangular cover that is on the inside of the car covering the entry point to the boot to the door. You have to reach up from the foot well to get to it. After you remove the cover you can use a metal coat hanger or something similar to run the wires from the doors to the interior. You don't have to completely remove the cover. You'll know what I mean when you are doing it. It's difficult to take it completely off and then put it back on. The cover has a groove in it for the wires. Just put the speaker wire next to the other wires that are bundled in the groove and then put the cover back on when you are done.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 11-01-2017 at 04:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vet Interested (11-06-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 04:10 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

As far as crossovers, I have my front speaker crossovers behind the drivers seat. They are down low and partially under the carpet that comes down the waterfall (the wall behind the seat), mounted with some velcro. If your crossovers are small and offer no adjustments, you could install them inside the doors somewhere. Originally with my Focal Auditors, they were inside the doors.

Last edited by TorchRedFred; 11-01-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To is It difficult to run new speaker wires into doors

Quick Reply: is It difficult to run new speaker wires into doors