Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can I Use Bose to Power 2 Speakers and Amps to Power Others?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 12:22 AM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Can I Use Bose to Power 2 Speakers and Amps to Power Others?

Sorry for the stupid questions but have decided that learning how to, and then rejuvenating my 2013 427 Bose system is my Winter project. Have been studying threads here and info-blurbs on Crutchfield, Sonic, and other I-net sites. Based on what I'm reading I think the following is possible, but if it is possible I can't understand why I can't find a thread indicating others have tried this:

I will be retaining my stock Bose Nav/Receiver, but I'd like to use the Bose HU only to amplify tweeters that would replace the 3.5" door speakers. I would replace the 2 larger door speakers with big mid-range speakers powered by 2 channels of an aftermarket 4 channel amp and "bridge" the other 2 channels to drive an aftermarket sub. Disconnect center dash speaker, remove rear speakers and house sub in that space. So what do you think? Seems to me this would be a relatively inexpensive way to upgrade that Bose system so I can listen to tunes on the road with the top down, and without sacrificing the stock HU.

Am I missing something that would make this upgrade impractical or plain unworkable??
Thanks for reading this and any light you can shed on the subject!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:47 PM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

you will be much happier if you just replace the HU with a good Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine. Sound quality is so much better. You will then have a good platform to build on. So choose a HU with good EQ/cross-over/and dedicated sub output.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:12 PM
Cardinal Flyer
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Here's the Answer

PM'd CF Member EVRose based on some posts he made a few years ago and was delighted to hear that he had done exactly what I want to do with great sound results. The trick is a harness that is plugged in between the original harness and the Bose HU. If you want to do this, get a PAC AOEM-GM24 GM 24-pin Premium Sound System Interface, $35.65 on Amazon.
The following users liked this post:
EVRose (02-07-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Can I Use Bose to Power 2 Speakers and Amps to Power Others?

Quick Reply: Can I Use Bose to Power 2 Speakers and Amps to Power Others?