Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

pioneer or kenwood

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 09:51 PM
mggray87
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default pioneer or kenwood

looking to replace my 08 OEM nav with aftermarket. Basically want to be able to listen to my Pandora its a android S8. im thinking garmin is the way to go so kenwood? I use waze a lot on my phone cause its pretty good at listing current delays and reroutes because people update it themselves. I know the newest kenwood has waze on it. BUT im not trying to spend 100.. so I was thinking the DNX574s. or the discontinued one on crutchfield the 8 something which is 699. the 574 is 750 right now. but what do you guys recommend for me to get? and hopefully it just improves sound of my current Bose speakers. not looking to change anything else. this car is on a tender more than its driven so im not trying to go all out. no cameras. just want to play my music from my phone S8 or my girls iphone 8.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:25 AM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

I've been buying Pioneer systems for 40+ years now and have never had any problems with them. I currently have their top of the line AVIC-8200 NEX system in my Vette with the front and rear cameras, and XM radio. It's a great system and can do about anything you could want, but is probably out of your price range, they do have lower priced systems however.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:38 AM
mggray87
Racer

actually now that I decided to not really go with a NAV. ill see what they have for music Bluetooth and Android and apple hook ups. I don't really use nav and rarely drive the car.. I always use WAZE on my phone when I need nav or estimated time of arrivals.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:44 AM
madsonp
Safety Car

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,164 Posts

That might work fine where your at, but out here in Montana we have many places where there's no cell service, so that wouldn't be a good option here.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:44 AM
mggray87
Racer

actually I like the MVH-2300NEX I wonder how that compares to the kenwood DMX7705S when it comes out next month. I don't need a DVD im never gonna sit in my car and play a movie lol
Old 02-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by mggray87
actually I like the MVH-2300NEX I wonder how that compares to the kenwood DMX7705S when it comes out next month. I don't need a DVD im never gonna sit in my car and play a movie lol
I am holding out for the Kenwood DDX9705S which should also be out next month. I have a convertible and it has the Capacitive screen which according to my research is key to viewing in sunlight.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:41 PM
mggray87
Racer

Originally Posted by Callaway DrDon

I am holding out for the Kenwood DDX9705S which should also be out next month. I have a convertible and it has the Capacitive screen which according to my research is key to viewing in sunlight.

yea I saw that one too!. but the price of like 799 for not even nav got me lol. id just get the current nav ones out. I like the onecoming out under it.and at 499. I think.. its probably what im going to get. but we have no idea when it is getting released?
Old 02-17-2018, 11:18 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts

yea I saw that one too!. but the price of like 799 for not even nav got me lol. id just get the current nav ones out. I like the onecoming out under it.and at 499. I think.. its probably what im going to get. but we have no idea when it is getting released?
Was not able to get a release date from Crutchfield and when I called Sound of Tri-State the best I could get was early to mid-march. Crutchfield does have a few new Kenwoods just listed with the new “web-link”
I already installed an Echomaster CAM-LF3B-n license plate camera.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:22 AM
mggray87
Racer

Originally Posted by Callaway DrDon
Was not able to get a release date from Crutchfield and when I called Sound of Tri-State the best I could get was early to mid-march. Crutchfield does have a few new Kenwoods just listed with the new “web-link”
I already installed an Echomaster CAM-LF3B-n license plate camera.

as long as I can use waze and I have better sound and I can play Pandora from my phone... imhappy lol so ill just be paitent and wait for that one to come out in march. gives me time to sell this OEMnav and newest Mapping CD. plus I have to still take it out of the car lol
Old 02-21-2018, 05:26 PM
CloudLS9
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Amazon has both the MVH-2300NEX and AVH-2300NEX. I don't care about the DVD feature either, but the AVH-2300NEX with DVD is $21 less at only $308 so I bought that.

It really improved the sound quality of the OEM speakers. Navigation works well over Android Auto, but Spotify App is pretty lacking. The display does wash out somewhat when the sun is low, but my roof doesn't come off so it isn't too bad for me.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:30 PM
mggray87
Racer

Originally Posted by Ion
Amazon has both the MVH-2300NEX and AVH-2300NEX. I don't care about the DVD feature either, but the AVH-2300NEX with DVD is $21 less at only $308 so I bought that.

It really improved the sound quality of the OEM speakers. Navigation works well over Android Auto, but Spotify App is pretty lacking. The display does wash out somewhat when the sun is low, but my roof doesn't come off so it isn't too bad for me.
Im open to pioneer. I haven't done any research. I was just stuck on kenwood. I actually don't even want a DVD/CD player ill never use it like yourself. and plus a screen that doesn't drop down is one less thing to break. My only thing is the Capacitive screens seem to be only ones with DVD/CD and Nav units. like the DDX9704s that im looking at. the kenwood non CD ones come with a different screen. that's my only gripe with their non DVD ones. maybe pioneer is different. But I don't need nav or a CD. I just want Android auto for my Waze and my Pandora and my girlfriend has Apple. so if they have one with both that would be good for me.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:09 AM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

I'm currently looking at two Apple Car Play units to replace my aging Kenwood DNX 6980. After using the various mapping apps on my iPhone when I travel on business, I no longer use the Garmin Navigation in my current Kenwood and I really enjoy the Apple Car Play in the other vehicles I drive.

The two units I'm considering are the Kenwood Excelon DDX 9904S and the Alpine iLX-107 which is their new wireless unit. Both run around $675.

My C5 is also a convertible and I drive top down 90% of the time so my buying triggers are convenience and touch screen responsiveness. I would like to plug in my iPod Touch as it has my full iTunes library and then use my iPhone and link via Bluetooth for calls, messaging, and maps.

Last edited by MSG C5; 02-23-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To pioneer or kenwood

Quick Reply: pioneer or kenwood