Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pioneer map mess

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:16 AM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 184 Posts

Default Pioneer map mess

While awaiting my Vettenuts bezel I have been trying to get my new Pioneer AVIC-5200NEX as ready as possible on my workbench.
The Firmware update was easy.......but despite many attempts and quite a few emails to Pioneer Support, I have had 0 luck getting new map updates.
Pioneer uses a product/business/application called Naviextras Toolbox to download new maps to your USB thumb drive and then loaded into the head unit. Seemed straightforward, prepared the USB drive via the head unit's USB with no issues. Then I downloaded the Naviextras Toolbox application on my laptop and tried to download a map. But the Naviextras Toolbox app will not recognize my USB drive at all. Yes I did the process over several times, tried multiple different USB drives each set up by the head unit.....no luck. Then I repeated all the steps on two different desktop PCs........same results. All Pioneer support will say is that I need to disable my firewall, and shut down my antivirus so that my PCs "can get through to their servers" which does not seem a good thing to do. But I took one of the desktops that does not have any personal files on it and did what they suggested. But No Joy, same problem, Naviextras Toolbox app will not recognize my USB drive at all and until it does I can't login on their website and have access to the updated map files

Have any of you had this experience? And has anyone found a solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Jim

Old 02-24-2018, 06:30 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Seems like I am the only one with this issue.

If there are any members out there that have been successful using
Naviextras Toolbox app to download map updates for your Pioneer unit I would appreciate a PM with how you do it so I can see if I am missing a step or????
I have had several emails with Naviextras Support support@ticket.naviextras.com but so far none of their suggestions have worked.
Thanks,

Jim
Old 02-26-2018, 12:49 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

2-2-18

Update 2/26. SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried once again to get Navi Toolbox to "see" my prepared USB stick. As usual, it was not recognized by Navi Toolbox.

So again I opened a Chat with Navi Support and got a very helpful person named Julia.

Once she had the Ticket number that I got on an earlier email reply from Navi Support she had me open the License file folder within Synctool and send her the names of the licenses listed inside.
Turns out there were FOUR licenses inside.
She had me delete three of them and restart NaviToolbox.

On restart of NaviToolbox it recognized my USB drive and let me log in.
Then I was able to see the available updates and download them to my USB drive ;^)

I was able to update my Pioneer unit with the new files without any problems.

The "extra" license files that were in my synctool/license folder are listed below.
I have no idea if your synctool /license files will be the same. But it seems that there should be only ONE license file in the folder.
So you might want to take a look.

Here are the instructions Julia gave me and they WORKED this time for me.

"Okay, here you can see these license files.

Please delete the following files from the folder:

Pioneer_Primo_UC_13Q2_NQ_ExtPOI_TMC_DEM_ HNR_TTS_JV_CAR_CS_Mid_NX264_3(1).lyc

Pioneer_Primo_UC_13Q2_NQ_ExtPOI_TMC_DEM_ HNR_TTS_JV_CAR_CS_Mid_NX264_3(2).lyc

Pioneer_Primo_UC_13Q2_NQ_ExtPOI_TMC_DEM_ HNR_TTS_JV_CAR_CS_Mid_NX264_3.lyc

Once deleted, please launch the Toolbox and check whether it can pick up the USB stick."

So glad to have this issue resolved !!

Best of luck with yours.

Jim

Last edited by jrprich; 02-27-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer map mess

Quick Reply: Pioneer map mess