Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Sub opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 10:21 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Default C6 Sub opinions

Does anyone run the JL Audio C6 Stealthbox? I would like to hear your opinions of the quality and curious if the speaker could be swapped out for the JL Audio 10W3v3-4? The top mount depth is 1-1/4" greater, and I do not know if the enclosure is too shallow for the larger speaker.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:27 AM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Ok, so I am specing out a system upgrade on my factory Bose system in a 2013 GS. This is what I was thinking. Love to hear your thoughts and any recommendations to the contrary.

Kenwood DDX9904S Kenwood DDX9904S

JL Audio RD900/5
Morel Maximo 6
Focal ICU 130
JL Audio Stealthbox
Old 04-29-2018, 05:45 PM
UmCanesZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DezVette
Ok, so I am specing out a system upgrade on my factory Bose system in a 2013 GS. This is what I was thinking. Love to hear your thoughts and any recommendations to the contrary.

Kenwood DDX9904S

JL Audio RD900/5
Morel Maximo 6
Focal ICU 130
JL Audio Stealthbox
I'm going to be removing my system and going back to stock. It should all be ready to ship this week.
Pioneer 4200 Nex
Hertz Mille Pro MPK 165P 6.5 components
Audison PRIMA APX-5 5.25 REARS
Vettenuts Stealth box with an Image Dynamics IDQ 10" sub. One of the best sound quality subs that you can get.Better than JL in my opinion.
Hertz HDP 1000w amp for the fronts and the dub
Hertz HCP 2 400w amp for the rears.

If you're interested, I can make you a package deal

Last edited by UmCanesZ06; 04-29-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:57 PM
DNAST1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 266 Likes on 130 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C5 of the Year Winner - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C8) - Modified
2023 Corvette of the Year Finalist (C6) - Modified
2022 C8 of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Pics installed?

Originally Posted by UmCanesZ06
I'm going to be removing my system and going back to stock. It should all be ready to ship this week.
Pioneer 4200 Nex
Hertz Mille Pro MPK 165P 6.5 components
Audison PRIMA APX-5 5.25 REARS
Vettenuts Stealth box with an Image Dynamics IDQ 10" sub. One of the best sound quality subs that you can get.Better than JL in my opinion.
Hertz HDP 1000w amp for the fronts and the dub
Hertz HCP 2 400w amp for the rears.

If you're interested, I can make you a package deal
Old 04-29-2018, 06:11 PM
UmCanesZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DNAST1
Pics installed?
Here are pics of the amps and sub. You really can't see the speakers because they are behind the grills.

The following users liked this post:
DNAST1 (04-29-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 03:10 PM
digitalaspect
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had JL stealthbox and 300w amp (JL: XD300/1v2)installed by Total Auto Protection down here in the Miami area in a C6 coupe. More than enough bass to vibrate the back hatch in an alarming fashion. I have the gain turned down to a hair over half I think and it gives a full rich sound without distortion. I added this to the base model head unit with standard amp and subs in the doors. You could certainly find a different setup that works but for volume and quality considering road and exhaust noise that are going to be a bit ever-present this setup is adequate to mild overkill if configured correctly. With total harmonic distortion for even basic systems being at fractions of a percent fidelity is not a huge issue. Trebles and mids are relatively easy to achieve power wise. The missing ingredient is that deep rich bass that you feel in your body as much as hear. I listen to a range from Zepplin and Marley up through current hip hop, dance, alt, etc and I can get a pretty satisfying sound out of the playlist with just these bits installed. I would suggest trying just amp and bass before going nuts on everything else. The one other thing I needed was a bluetooth dongle since the head unit did not support it out of the box. Found a $20 MPow unit on Amazon that does the job adequately if one doesn't mind a few pops and clicks while waiting to connect to device. I just use google play on my phone to access playlists. Any other app would work as well. Note: the amp is hidden behind the tailgate panel where the tail lights are. Fingers crossed that it will not one day overheat, but for now is totally invisible.

The following users liked this post:
DezVette (04-30-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Sub opinions

Quick Reply: C6 Sub opinions