Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

2005 C6 Non Bose and Non Onstar Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Myrddin6464
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2005 C6 Non Bose and Non Onstar Question

hello folks. I am new to corvetts and unsure if what I have in my new to me C6 is right, wrong or anything. It seems to have some white noise at low levels of volume that becomes harder to hear as the volume is turned up. I removed the console to see the install for myself and they did not use an aftermarket wire harness... they just cut the factory radio side off and tapped the aftermarket radio into that (retaining the factory harness side). Also looks like they ran a red wire to the fuse box. My question is simple. Is this method of install ok? Or should they have used an adapter of some sort. I read something about chimes and dings? Should I care? Once I turn up the volume a little the radio sounds good. And all fade works properly.

Please let let me know your thoughts. I may move the ground and clean up some of what I see and just keep as is until I decide to add speakers and an amp (someday).

Quick Reply: 2005 C6 Non Bose and Non Onstar Question