Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

05 bose how to check for speaker power at door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 02:50 PM
bacord
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Default 05 bose how to check for speaker power at door speakers

I have a 05 bose with xm U65 radio. All the speakers work except the bigger door speakers. When I bought the car there was a 300 amp fused wire unhooked at the battery that ran to inside hatch with some 12 gauge wires just tucked under carpet going nowhere just coiled up under carpet. I had the door panels off to install some leather on the door panels and noticed the large speakers was not hooked up so I tried to reattach to the non bose speaker that was there and got no noise or pop or any noise. How can I check if the headunit is putting out to the door speaker. If the headunit is good I was reading that I could upgrade to Kicker cs ???? speakers or should I stay stock? What size are the speakers. Thanks for any help. I know nothing about audio and please try to keep replys in laymans terms. I do know how to use and have meters Thanks again
Old 07-08-2018, 03:12 PM
bacord
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I pulled out the old speaker its an Earthquake EQ8S8 250 watt 8 ohm. I think Bose are 3 ohm????
If output for the large speaker is no good what is the largest speaker I could run with the wires for the working small one or is it worth it. I don't really listen to radio much but would like something ok but I have no need for high end. But I would still like to have a fair to midgrade sound.

Last edited by bacord; 07-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: 05 bose how to check for speaker power at door speakers