Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Radio and speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:46 PM
redneck2725
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio and speaker replacement

I went thru other posts for a couple hours, but having trouble finding a definite answer to this. I am swapping out the HU for a single DIN Sony and I am also swapping out the front door speakers to some JL components with the adapter plate. Here are my questions:

1) I was planning to use the harness ROEM-VET1, however it states it keeps the factory amplified speakers. Will this work even though I am bypassing them?
2) Do I need to run new speaker wires for the front, or will I be able to just use the factory wiring?
3) The rear speakers should not need anything done because they are not amplified, correct?
4) I know that ROEM-VET1 and the XSVI-2004 are both available for a harness, however they both retain the factory amp'ed front speakers. Are there any other harnesses available if I do not plan on keeping them?
5) Any other tips on being able to accomplish this without alot of spicing?

Thanks for any assistance on this!
Old 07-31-2018, 06:19 PM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

Sounds like you have a C5. You should be able to use the factory wiring if you're not adding an amp. Just use the wires going to the mid/tweet in each door as the input ro the new speakers. Not sure how good it s going to sound without an amp. Remember, the factory is an amplified 8" speaker. Add some sound deadening material while you're in there.
The following users liked this post:
redneck2725 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 10:01 AM
redneck2725
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VinceC5
Sounds like you have a C5. You should be able to use the factory wiring if you're not adding an amp. Just use the wires going to the mid/tweet in each door as the input ro the new speakers. Not sure how good it s going to sound without an amp. Remember, the factory is an amplified 8" speaker. Add some sound deadening material while you're in there.
Sorry, yes it is a C5. I plan on sound deadening the entire interior. I bought the new Sony MEXGS820BT which now have a Class D amp built into the headunit, so that should help some with the amplification.

Get notified of new replies

To Radio and speaker replacement

Quick Reply: Radio and speaker replacement