Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Speaker Upgrade for my Lincoln

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 07:20 PM
xcaliber501
Racer

Received 329 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Speaker Upgrade for my Lincoln

Hello All. Yes this is not Corvette related so don't be too mad. And it could be related down the road as I will be doing some audio work on my C6 in the future.

I have a 2016 Lincoln MKZ as my daily driver. In order to improve the sound without spending too much money I thought I would change out the OEM speakers with some decent aftermarkets.

So first of all I am thinking of making my purchase through Crutchfield.com. I've always thought they were a pretty reputable outfit. Any reason why I should not use them?

Second,. I am looking at these Focal Components for the front and rear doors
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ISS...n-ISS-130.html

Any opinions on these or recomendations for something netter?

Thanks all.

Last edited by xcaliber501; 10-18-2018 at 07:34 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 10-19-2018, 12:01 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Crutchfield can be slightly more expensive but their service and support are next to none. The only time I don't buy from them is when I'm looking for something they don't have. If price is your concern see if they have what you're looking for as a returned item. You can save a few $s and if you're not happy you can always return it (which is easy to do as long as you don't throw away all the packing/accessories).
The following users liked this post:
xcaliber501 (10-19-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 01:32 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Anything Focal is great. I have a set of those in 5.25" in the back of my vette and they sound really good.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:17 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I don't do too much with audio anymore, but for many years in the past, I dealt with Crutchfield, and was always happy with my purchases and their support. The most recent audio upgrade I did, was a speaker replacement in my '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Due to the head unit being tied into the Jeep's operating functions, I couldn't replace it. However, I replaced the OE speakers with Focal speakers, and was VERY impressed with their performance.

Get notified of new replies

To Speaker Upgrade for my Lincoln

Quick Reply: Speaker Upgrade for my Lincoln