Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 General Install Questions

Old 12-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Tag7800
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 General Install Questions

Hi all,
It's been a long time since I messed with car stereo's and I'm going to tackle my C6 this week. I've got nearly everything lined up from the FAQ and searches but have a couple fairly general questions since it's been a while! I don't know what happened with the DD guy but his how to thread is great!
1) I'm mounting my amp in the back. Signal is coming off of a sub out line on the new head unit. The sub out line is a single output, the amp has a stereo input (red and white) and shows a Y splitter. Will any stereo cable work for this, just use one line instead of two then split it with the Y? I'm not finding single line cables so I was going to just get a stereo line and pull it apart?
2) Do the power and signal lines need to be ran separate? I remember getting some interference with speaker wire for the signal ran together with the power wire
3) Backup cameras aren't something I've done. Obviously the yellow wire runs to the camera input on the head unit. Where is a good place to power it from, do I need to run power to the head unit? I assume need a line to the backup lights to activate the camera and a ground somewhere? (Backup camera comes tomorrow, it's my last piece, so this might be self explanatory in the instructions)
4) Everything is pre-wired from Crutchfield. Are there any modifications the experts suggest such as moving a ground wire to a brake, something to trigger the backup camera at will or anything else I should do while in there?
Thanks!
Old 12-24-2018, 06:24 PM
jcgunn
Melting Slicks

Received 275 Likes on 182 Posts

I can't answer your first three questions, but my experience with pre-wired kits from Crutchfield is that installation is a no-brainer. Their step-by-step instructions are very easy to follow and the pictures help a lot. Good luck with the install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 General Install Questions