Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 CD Delco radio goes to JAZZ mode when switching to FM2 - Why?

Old 01-11-2019, 06:02 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default C5 CD Delco radio goes to JAZZ mode when switching to FM2 - Why?

Just replaced a defective C5 radio with a C5 Delco CD radio. Works fine on AM, FM, and with trunk mounted 12 CD player and all buttons seem to work. Programmed 6 AM and 12 FM settings and was able to play all 12 CDs and skip forward and backward on any CD to various tracks.
When I switch to FM2 the mode goes to the JAZZ mode setting. Going to AM, or FM1 it remains blank and is controlled by the treble and bass settings on the small *****.
I tried cycling thru the mode settings and even tried holding the mode button in for maybe 15 or 20 seconds when the mode went to BLANK or no equalization but it always goes back to the JAZZ setting when I cycle to FM2. Can anyone tell me how to get the permanent setting for FM2 back to the BLANK or no equalization setting?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:39 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Fixed the JAZZ mode on FM2

Fixed this myself. Went to FM2, selected each button. Changed mode to BLANK then held the specific button in to re save the frequency without any mode being selected. It appears you can save each button with any of the preset modes, JAZZ, ROCK, etc. I choose to not use any of the modes but to change the Treble and Bass settings to what I like to hear, Must have accidentally changed the mode to JAZZ when I initially saved the buttons on FM2. Learn something new every day...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 CD Delco radio goes to JAZZ mode when switching to FM2 - Why?