Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battery Extension cables?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:14 PM
KevDude
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Battery Extension cables?

Hello all, This is not for a Vette, but a 1991 Toyota Landcruiser. I put in a different battery that I had sitting around, but the posts are on the further side of the battery, and my battery cables do not extend that far without having the battery at a weird angle, and I cannot install the battery tie down with it like that.

I am looking for something as simple as some sort of cable extender. I don't want just cables with the post and an eyelet, I need something that can attach to the current battery post, and also to the original harness. I don't want to cut off my original ends. So Needs to be female where it attaches to the post, but needs a male end to attach to the original harness. I cannot find anything like this anywhere. Only needs about 4"-6" long. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:31 PM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

Short bolts and nuts and battery cable replacements... short ones. Be sure to insulate where you make the adaption.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 PM
KevDude
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 66 Posts

I think I can get the wire extenders then use these on my side posts with the wires being insulated from hitting any metal pieces.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Extension cables?

Quick Reply: Battery Extension cables?