Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Custom switch for M2W. Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:32 AM
heavychevy357
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Custom switch for M2W. Help

I posted this in the C6 General Discussion section but thought it might help to post here as well. I want to know how I should go about wiring up a switch to my mild to wild.

I recently purchased a latching style push button switch and would like for it to control the mild to wild I have installed.

It has an orange LED ring built in and I want it to light up when LOUD(valves open) and turn off when valves are closed(QUIET/mild). It has a red and black wire(+ -) for the LED, two white, and two green wires. The instructions say that it’s made for 5A but anything more than 3A draw continuously needs a relay.

so how do I hook this up using a relay as well as using the mild to wild box/hook ups? The mild to wild has a fob that controls “on” or “off”. I do not want this. I want the new switch to be the only control. I’ll attach pics below of the switch and the instructions and the mild to wild.

mild to wild has a black wire(ground), blue wire(antennae for fob), red and white are together coming from the box to the exhaust fuse in the passenger side panel.

Thanks in advance
Brenton
Old 03-12-2019, 07:36 AM
heavychevy357
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

M2W instructions

Custom switch instructions

Custom switch diagram

The following users liked this post:
GeoGS (04-12-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 09:45 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Are you still trying to do this?

It isn't very hard to do with just the new switch, trying to use the M2W actually makes it a lot harder
Old 03-26-2019, 02:54 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

i just used a piggy back fuse wire from AZ and a 4 dollar switch and mounted it inside the center console just to the RIGHT of the bolts that hold the center console in

this way seems way harder lol
Old 04-11-2019, 12:00 PM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,199 Posts

Without diving into this I would think you would run the positive of the Wild option and positive of the LED together. Negative of Wild and negative of LED together. That way when the button is depressed for Wild option the LED comes on.

I would think you would wire the Wild option to the Normally Open circuit. Basically the mufflers are always in the Mild mode unless you depress the button.

Get notified of new replies

To Custom switch for M2W. Help

Quick Reply: Custom switch for M2W. Help