Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 Sound deadening for subwoofer, what areas vibrate most ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:03 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Default C6 Sound deadening for subwoofer, what areas vibrate most ?

I have a 2006 Coupe.

I just did a test bump with my 12 inch sub, only turned up to 115db, and there is a ridiculous amount of vibrating things and noises, to include my exhaust and whatever else. I am seriously considering not even putting in a subwoofer in my car due to all the work that's needed to get things quiet.

Does anyone have a list of all the panels, wiring connectors, trunk lid plastic deadening tips , or anything that can help me out ?

Do I need to remove each body panel and put sound deadening on it, to include the rear facia ? Trunk closing mechanism might need to be removed/anchored more stiff, floor of trunk, etc.

If it seems like too much work, I'll just stick with my home audio for my bass addiction.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:51 AM
bdanyluk
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Also, Has anyone reinforced the cheap plastic molding on the rear decklid ? I was thinking of drilling 2 holes, filling it up with expanding foam, and then bolting in a 1/2" thick piece of MDF with rivnuts to keep that sucker from vibrating and making noise.

Quick Reply: C6 Sound deadening for subwoofer, what areas vibrate most ?