Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Pac ROEM VET1 and aftermarket speaker/amp ?

Old 04-12-2019, 04:22 PM
rovercash
CF Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pac ROEM VET1 and aftermarket speaker/amp ?

I have an aftermarket double din head unit installed in my 02 z06. Had it professionally installed and using the roem vet1 adapter. Everything works fine, but I'm looking at installing some new aftermarket speakers, amp and sub. My question is, can I leave the roem vet1 as it is? Since all the speakers and everything will be running to a new amp, will this cause any issues? I'm trying to make the install as easy as possible without having to rewire anything that's not necessary. Would I just need to cut the blue remote wire from the harness to run to the amp? Any help is appreciated. I looked through all the various threads on here and couldn't find anything that really pertained to what I wanted to do. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:16 PM
VinceC5
CF Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't cut, but splice into it as it also turns on your antenna circuit. You can leave the rest as is since you'll be running new wires to each new speaker .
Old 04-12-2019, 08:23 PM
rovercash
CF Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VinceC5 View Post
Don't cut, but splice into it as it also turns on your antenna circuit. You can leave the rest as is since you'll be running new wires to each new speaker .
Awesome, thanks! And when you say splice into it, I'm assuming that will refer to the blue amp turn on wire? Glad I don't really have to mess with the existing harnesses.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: