Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Look What Fits In Rear Speaker Location..C6 Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 06:05 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Look What Fits In Rear Speaker Location..C6 Vert

Put some new old stock Boston Acoustics RX67 speakers in rear stock location on my 2006 convert... and they drop right in and the stock factory grills fit over them with small mod of removing a few of the mounting tabs ..Seems the older Boston speakers were a little smaller in diam than what you find today with 6.5 speakers.. just throwing this info out there..and a few pic's..
The following users liked this post:
intocad (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 02:37 AM
intocad
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carls2004

Put some new old stock Boston Acoustics RX67 speakers in rear stock location on my 2006 convert... and they drop right in and the stock factory grills fit over them with small mod of removing a few of the mounting tabs ..Seems the older Boston speakers were a little smaller in diam than what you find today with 6.5 speakers.. just throwing this info out there..and a few pic's..
How do they sound with top up and down?
Old 05-20-2019, 03:41 PM
carls2004
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by intocad
How do they sound with top up and down?
Not bad.. Thought i may not like the rear's wired in, but after i adjusted my alpine INE-W960HDMI and the speaker distance im liking it... And they blend good with my Steg speakers i have up front..

Get notified of new replies

To Look What Fits In Rear Speaker Location..C6 Vert

Quick Reply: Look What Fits In Rear Speaker Location..C6 Vert