Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help locating a ground in the rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 10:15 AM
mjpetisce
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help locating a ground in the rear

I have a 73 coupe that I am installing a powered subwoofer in the rear compartment. The ground wire has to be no longer than 30". Where can I find a good ground to connect to, seeing that it is mostly fiberglass back there.
Thanks for your help.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Still an issue? A picture of the area you're trying to ground would really help. BTW, where no ground exists, one can be "made." Seat belt bolts make GREAT grounds since they go through the frame or chassis of the car. Also, you can use a ground lug or distribution block if you need to ground more than one device. Here's what a ground distribution block looks like:
Amazon Amazon
and a video of available places to help.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:29 AM
mjpetisce
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Still an issue? A picture of the area you're trying to ground would really help. BTW, where no ground exists, one can be "made." Seat belt bolts make GREAT grounds since they go through the frame or chassis of the car. Also, you can use a ground lug or distribution block if you need to ground more than one device. Here's what a ground distribution block looks like: https://www.amazon.com/Xscorpion-GDB.../dp/B0058RA8B6 and a video of available places to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeA4...E&spfreload=10
Thanks, I did connect the ground directly to the negative on the battery and works fine.

Get notified of new replies

To Help locating a ground in the rear

Quick Reply: Help locating a ground in the rear