Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C6 Sound Deadening in Doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Dave_in_VA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts
Default C6 Sound Deadening in Doors

All,

I've read lots of threads on sound deadening of C6 doors, all see to go in different directions.

Even some respected forum vendors say sound deadening of doors does not make much difference.

I have butyl matt and 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick Dynaliner that I can use on the doors.

Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 05-16-2019, 02:40 PM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

I did my car in several stages. 1st I did sound deadening of inner and outer door skins along with covering up the window motor access. It made such a big difference that I did not go to the next phase for several months. I used Dynamat Xtreme, so I don't have any experience with dynaliner.

Last edited by VinceC5; 05-16-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:11 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts

I think it made a definite difference in the doors. I did not deaden any other areas. With the stock system, certain bass notes would cause some rattle or vibration in the doors. Now running an aftermarket amp....no sounds in the doors that should not be there. I bought the door dynomat kit from Crutchfield. My thought was.......while the door panels are off and you are changing the speakers, mighta s well add deadening of some sort.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:23 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

So funny story...I thought butyl based deadener (IE dynamat, CLD tiles, Kollossus, etc) was enough to quiet the doors. Then I went and added MLV to the floor, hatch, and waterfall areas...and guess what? All the road noise is coming through the doors again. The MLV is absolutely the BEST thing you can do to quiet your perceived road noise. But MLV is too heavy to run vertically (like in a door). So what did I do? I bought some CAE VB2 (because it is the thinnest vinyl with good adhesion) and (after stripping all the butyl stuff back off) applied it, and some HMF (a hydrophobic Closed Cell Foam) to the back of the door cards, and then Fast rings on the speakers, and then butyl based deadener on the troubling "vibrating/rattling" areas, I got it to finally quiet down.
(CAE VB2) http://www.cascadeaudio.com/car_nois...tallation.html
(HMF)
https://www.amazon.com/MegaZorbe-Hydrophobic-Melamine-Foam-Stick/dp/B07G4HCXM2/ref=asc_df_B07G4HCXM2/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583451663300252&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/MegaZorbe-Hydrophobic-Melamine-Foam-Stick/dp/B07G4HCXM2/ref=asc_df_B07G4HCXM2/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583451663300252&psc=1

Last edited by Pb82 Ronin; 05-17-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Sound Deadening in Doors

Quick Reply: C6 Sound Deadening in Doors