Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

89 C4 Bose Radio and at least one amp dead

Old 05-24-2019, 01:38 PM
89ToyVette
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 89 C4 Bose Radio and at least one amp dead

My 89 is in great shape with 40k miles, it is really worth it to repair the stiock cassette radio and amps to keep it original? I am new to Corvettes but there seems to be an affinity to keep them all original. I do not have any cassettes, so I would stuck with just radio, so why keep it original?
Old 05-25-2019, 07:17 AM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 552 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by 89ToyVette
My 89 is in great shape with 40k miles, it is really worth it to repair the stiock cassette radio and amps to keep it original? I am new to Corvettes but there seems to be an affinity to keep them all original. I do not have any cassettes, so I would stuck with just radio, so why keep it original?
If you are happy with the sound of the bose, fix it. I've never seen a radio aside from the Camaro CD units that I liked for replacement.
You can always install an auxiliary for an outside music source such as ipod or phone

Old 05-28-2019, 12:33 PM
rblakeney
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

For me, it is a matter of keeping the dash looking stock on my 89. I use this from Amazon to add bluetooth support for music streaming and making phone calls.

https://smile.amazon.com/iSimple-Han...gateway&sr=8-1

You can read what I did to my stock system here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ers-to-c4.html

This was not as much work as you might think and it sounds like a different system. Not the typical Bose "meh" sound, good clarity, and some real bass.

Get notified of new replies

To 89 C4 Bose Radio and at least one amp dead

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 89 C4 Bose Radio and at least one amp dead