Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

No sound at all.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:29 AM
BillytheKidder
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default No sound at all.

I have an ‘07 C6 NON-BOSE with a Kenwood DNX692 head unit that I installed a few years ago. There have been no recent mods or changes to the car. Yesterday while the stereo was on it suddenly went silent. The head unit appears to be functioning, but I have no music, bells, chimes or the nice lady from the GPS telling me where to turn.

The fuse (#31) for the amp has continuity. Is there a way to test the pins on the plug coming into the amp for power or somehow determine if the amp is getting power or if it has gone south on me?

I have searched and found little help on this subject. I am hoping to avoid tearing that dashboard/console apart again, I’m getting older every day and I’m not as agile as I used to be.

Last edited by BillytheKidder; 06-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:41 AM
madsonp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,756 Likes on 1,168 Posts

If it were me, the first thing I'd do is disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then hook it back up to reset everything and see if it comes back.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:54 AM
BillytheKidder
Racer

Originally Posted by madsonp
If it were me, the first thing I'd do is disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then hook it back up to reset everything and see if it comes back.
Thanks, I tried that already; no luck.

Last edited by BillytheKidder; 06-06-2019 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:07 PM
BillytheKidder
Racer

VICTORY!!, I think.
After much research, jumpering, and contorting myself under and in the dashboard, I think I have it diagnosed and am feeling pretty clever and full of myself.

First I hooked up speakers to the HU (music), then ran long RCA cords to the stereo in the garage (music) to ensure that the HU indeed was operational. At least now I knew that wasn't the problem

The failure appears to be in the RP3-GM11 transition module (power in from the blue/white conductor - no power out). It took some time to determine this. When I finally figured out what conductor at the amp was supposed to be energized (it was called the antenna enabler and was not properly color coded) and jumpered it to 12v, I had sound again. Then I started backtracking and ended up at the transition module. It was all made interesting because the schematics I found said the conductor was white and it was not (more like light tan).

I'm just going to jumper the conductors at the transition, rather than buy a new one, I don't see how that can be harmful. Any thoughts or comments, does this sound correct?

Last edited by BillytheKidder; 06-11-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To No sound at all.

Quick Reply: No sound at all.