Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Help with Twiddlers going out

Old 07-12-2019, 12:31 AM
Spacewalker
CF Senior Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Help with Twiddlers going out

I have a DNX572BH kenwood unit, hooked to GM0S-04 interface.
Randomly, sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes 2-3 minutes, the twiddlers in the front will quit, everything else continues to work.
turning the radio or car off and on resets it to working status. Other than that issue, everything works great, minus a few missing beeps here and there which I can live with.

1) I've tried replacing the 3.5 speakers, first with polks I had on a shelf then with brand new kickers.
2) after much soul-searching, I decided to tear into the dash and see what was up. Moving the potentiometer on the GMOS-04 box when the twiddlers quit cause them to return. They eventually quit again.

I don't know if my issue is with the interface box or the bose amp. Car has 90k miles, previous owner did the install (or had it done, looks professional)
I could spend $90 on a PAC RP5 GM11, but if Im spending $100, I may as well spend $150 and get a 5 channel skar amp to wire around it all....

Any ideas on where to go from here?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:29 AM
mfi2000
CF Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I just hooked all this up and my next step will be to build a conventional system with an amp wired directly to the speakers and avoid the whole integration thing. If your good with hooking up an amp, changing the front speakers to component..get rid of the bose woofers and getting a sub..I think you'll be much happier. It will cost more than the price of the amp though...RCA cables, speaker cables, power cables, new speakers for the front. The 3.5's will not be enough. Something for the rear. Sub or new speakers or both.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:34 PM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

Received 507 Likes on 417 Posts

My guess is it's most likely something with the interface. A short or bad connection. I had something similar happen when I was doing my install. Some speakers were cutting out. I replaced the Pac RP5-GM11 with another one and no issues. Luckily I noticed it during testing before I reinstalled everything.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:23 PM
jdagsxr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's a twiddler? Tweeter?
Old 07-16-2019, 01:15 AM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

Received 507 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by jdagsxr View Post
What's a twiddler? Tweeter?
It's the name given to the 3.5" Bose speakers. It's not really a tweeter. It's kind of half way between a tweeter and a middle range speaker....AKA a "twiddler".
Old 07-16-2019, 01:17 AM
pewter99
Admin
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 559 Likes on 370 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

never heard of a twiddler....but OK
Old 07-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Pb82 Ronin
CF Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Twiddler is easier than saying "not a tweeter, but that small speaker there."
Old 07-17-2019, 10:33 AM
Pb82 Ronin
CF Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred View Post
My guess is it's most likely something with the interface. A short or bad connection. I had something similar happen when I was doing my install. Some speakers were cutting out. I replaced the Pac RP5-GM11 with another one and no issues. Luckily I noticed it during testing before I reinstalled everything.
Torch said it best. Do this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with Twiddlers going out

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: