Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Texas 396
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose

I have completed removed the Bose system and replacing with Alpine 7893, 2 pair of MB Quarts, Fosgate 10", and 2 alping V series amps. I have eveything except for a wire harness convertor to the Alpine. Can't seem to find one. I figure I will just splice the needed wires for antena, 12 volt, and ground. There are 2 connectors in the car. One has 8 wire connections (solid pink, black, green, purple, red with white stripe, brown with white stripe, green with white stripe, and black with white stripe. The second connector has 6 wires (solid orange, gray, green, purple with white stripe, gray with black strip, and green with white stripe. Many thanks [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-10-2003, 05:44 PM
my350tpi
Advanced

Default Re: Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose (Texas 396)

Hi, was yours a Bose Gold? We may have the same thing. I can't find a plug and I can't seem to get the antenna to do anything. I'm having a hard time determining which wire controls the antenna. The pink wire seems to be my power wire (the input I've gotten says go to the pink wire). I'm beating the brick wall pretty good right now. :banghead: Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Paul
Old 02-10-2003, 05:58 PM
_Nomad_
Team Owner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
-'24

Default Re: Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose (Texas 396)

I don't know why you can't find the GM adapter. Have you gone to a car audio shop? Best Buys? Circuit City? Hell even Wal Mart and Auto Zone may have them (not sure). I installed an Alpine in my sisters '95 Vette, it had the same stock Blose system yours does and I had no trouble getting the aftermarket GM harness from the local car stereo shop. The Alpine harness comes with the unit when you buy it.

Make some calls to the places that sell car audio equipment in your area. I'm sure you will find a place that has it or can order it. Just DON'T splice into your stock harness! :crazy:
Old 02-10-2003, 06:13 PM
my350tpi
Advanced

Default Re: Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose (The^Nomad)

Hey thanks for the quick reply! Yes, two audio shops and three parts stores. This is not the standard GM plug apparently. The first audio shop said right away they splice. The second one said "yes, we have", I get there and it's the standard GM. Their response was also splice it. I know I can't be the only one to run into this. Thanks again!

Paul :cry
Old 03-15-2003, 05:14 PM
stanandsue
Intermediate

I downloaded some info from Corvetteradios.com and it says that the antenna is the pink wire, illumination grey, battery/memory orange, ignition/accy yellow, ground black, front right speaker lt & dk green, frt left spkr tan and gray, right rear spkr dk & lt blue, left rear spkr brown & yellow. However, it looks like the standard GM 2-column plug. My 92 convertible with Bose Gold has two connectors: one with 9 pins- blk, wht, yel, wht, red, blk, brwn, blue, blue/black. The other is a 7-pin with wht/grn, green, tan, gray, orange, wht/red, and red. I haven't found anything matching or describing this yet. I hope that this helps a little. :flag
Old 03-16-2003, 07:12 PM
my350tpi
Advanced

Default Re: Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose (stanandsue)

I downloaded some info from Corvetteradios.com and it says that the antenna is the pink wire, illumination grey, battery/memory orange, ignition/accy yellow, ground black, front right speaker lt & dk green, frt left spkr tan and gray, right rear spkr dk & lt blue, left rear spkr brown & yellow. However, it looks like the standard GM 2-column plug. My 92 convertible with Bose Gold has two connectors: one with 9 pins- blk, wht, yel, wht, red, blk, brwn, blue, blue/black. The other is a 7-pin with wht/grn, green, tan, gray, orange, wht/red, and red. I haven't found anything matching or describing this yet. I hope that this helps a little. :flag
I never found any plug that would fit this. I made my own from the original radio which was toast. The antennae, that I spliced into a pink wire under the passenger side dash. Works GREAT! :thumbs:
Old 04-13-2003, 06:04 PM
stanandsue
Intermediate

Default Re: Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose (my350tpi)

I replaced the Blose Gold in my '92 convertible with a Clarion double-DIN ADX5555 that I bought on e-bay for $110 (factory rebuilt). It took 8 hours to mount, wire and re-wire directly to the Blose speakers (bypassing the local amps). UPDATE - I bought new speakers (4 ohm) when I found that the Blose speakers were 1 ohm impedance (thanks Kale). It's possible to overdrive the Blose speakers, so you should change everything. Wal-Mart had a good selection of JVC and Pioneer speakers.

I used a standard GM adapter plug and wired to the plug that was in the under-dash receiver unit for power and antenna rather than try to work with the two connectors that went to the Blose head unit. It works great! :yesnod:

[Modified by stanandsue, 11:10 PM 4/13/2003]

[Modified by stanandsue, 2:02 PM 4/20/2003]

[Modified by stanandsue, 2:06 PM 4/20/2003]

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose

Quick Reply: Need help with Radio wiring harness information on 96 Bose