Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

I need Barbie Corvette Power Wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 PM
MilleniumVette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need Barbie Corvette Power Wheel help

Well, today I was able to acquire a C4 Barbie Corvette Power Wheel for free. However, it's in terrible shape as the windshield is broken and the mirrors are missing. However, everything else is still there sans the battery. From what I can tell, finding the internals (if any are needed) could be possible. However, I couldn't find a single link on sourcing body parts.

If anybody knows how I could nab some of the pieces needed, I'd be greatly appreciative. I'm sort of just taking this on as something to tinker with and maybe find someone who would appreciate it when done(if not just become a piece of Corvette memorabilia in my own collection). It'd get a more acceptable paint job than Barbie Pink, of course.

Anyways, if any of the members could help out in some way, I'd appreciate it. And, I'll try to post pics if I can get the project going.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:03 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

My daughter's Barbie Corvette is still in our garage. Of course, at 21 she doesn't use it much anymore.

I saw your post last week and knew I had the owners manual I just couldn't remember where it was. I found it tonight while looking for some other things.

There are 7 Power Wheel service centers listed in MO. Mar-Beck Appliance in Gladstone, Independence, KC & Springfield; Babcock Appliance in St. Joseph; and in St. Louis Brand Service Center & Crestwood Appliance. I have no idea if any of these companies still have any parts for the Barbie Corvette, or if any of them are still in business even, but it can't hurt to try them.

The part number for the windshield is 630008, the number for the mirror set (4 pcs. for both doors) is 010191 and the battery is a Type "H" number 040017.

The Power Wheels were made by Kransco Co. in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. The number back then (1990) was 1-800-348-0751.

The Barbie Corvette was Power Wheels model no. 85350.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 PM
MilleniumVette
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. That's some good information I'm sure I could use. Thanks again for taking the time to look for the manual and the part numbers.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM
rickhigginshtbr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bumpin this, to the OP, any luck finding the mirrors? Just got one of these back from my friend for my little girl...
Old 08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Originally Posted by rickhigginshtbr
bumpin this, to the OP, any luck finding the mirrors? Just got one of these back from my friend for my little girl...
I came across the following sites while playing around on the web one day. I PM'd them to MilleniumVette previously, but after seeing your bump, I thought I'd post them here too, just in case it could help you or others.

www.modifiedpowerwheels.com has all kinds of stuff about Power Wheels, including a blog.

www.mendingshed.com/powerwheels.html claims they have or can get just about anything for Power Wheels.

Below is a picture of my daughters "one owner, all original, unrestored" Barbie Power Wheels Corvette. Of course she hasn't driven it in about 15 or 16 years. And yes, I'm a little sick, I've even saved the original box for all these years.

Last edited by gbvette62; 08-13-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 PM
rickhigginshtbr
Instructor

Well, this one was my ex's, that we gave to a friend of ours who had 2 little girls of their own... and I just got it back from him for my little girl, somehow down the line it lost it's drivers side mirror.

Regardless, my little one loves hers as much as she does mine, lol.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:54 PM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

I have Red Barbie Corvette parts,two original (never used) red mirrors. Complete set of stick on decals, and the original windshield.Plus the new updated wiring harness, with new gas pedal. (new never used wrapped in plastic)
Old 10-20-2012, 10:08 PM
bluenoser13
1st Gear

Default Power Wheels make over

HI:

I am looking for a few parts for a rebuild I am doing on a 1988 Fisher Price Power Wheels corvette for my grandson. It was red with a black interior and I need a new windshield, ignition key, phone, passenger mirror, decals.

I am painting it in reverse, black with red interior to match my real 1988 'vette. He is only 2, but loves mine and we go out often when weather permits.
If anyone has any parts, I would appreciate it.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 PM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by lt1george
I have Red Barbie Corvette parts,two original (never used) red mirrors. Complete set of stick on decals, and the original windshield.Plus the new updated wiring harness, with new gas pedal. (new never used wrapped in plastic)
I still have all these parts.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 AM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread is over two years old ???????
Old 11-22-2012, 01:19 AM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by oldsarge
This thread is over two years old ???????
Some Corvettes are over 50 years old. Some even 60 years old.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM
djonesrmh
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lt1george
I still have all these parts.
I'm interested in all of them if still available...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Swiat34
3rd Gear

Hello everyone. I'm not an owner of a real Corvette but I do have an '00 WS6 Trans Am that's a big work in progress. Also, I have my wife's ols '89 Barbie corvette that I'm fixing up for our 3 year old daughter. Being 27, my wife doesn't drive it much anymore. ;-) I've been scouring the interwebs looking for parts and this post sparked me to register. lt1george, I'll be sending you a PM if you have anything left that I'll need (driver mirror and windshield). Does anyone have infor on the recall that these cars had? I think the Battery, charger, wiring harness and forward/reverse switch were all to be replaced. Thanks everyone for any help you can provide! And yes, I'm heading over to Modified Power Wheels to check them out too!

Semper Fi,
Sgt N Swiatncki
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Does anyone have infor on the recall that these cars had? I think the Battery, charger, wiring harness and forward/reverse switch were all to be replaced.
I vaguely remember the recall, but don't remember what parts were involved. I know that I was able to get the replacement parts at a local Black & Decker store.

When I get a chance, I'll look to see if the recall paperwork is still with my owners manual.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Swiat34
3rd Gear

Thank you VERY much!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
barbiecorvette
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by MilleniumVette
Well, today I was able to acquire a C4 Barbie Corvette Power Wheel for free. However, it's in terrible shape as the windshield is broken and the mirrors are missing. However, everything else is still there sans the battery. From what I can tell, finding the internals (if any are needed) could be possible. However, I couldn't find a single link on sourcing body parts.

If anybody knows how I could nab some of the pieces needed, I'd be greatly appreciative. I'm sort of just taking this on as something to tinker with and maybe find someone who would appreciate it when done(if not just become a piece of Corvette memorabilia in my own collection). It'd get a more acceptable paint job than Barbie Pink, of course.

Anyways, if any of the members could help out in some way, I'd appreciate it. And, I'll try to post pics if I can get the project going.
Is anyone out there that was in this thread about this Barbie Corvette model 85350 c.Kransco 1990/ pink..?? I have one of these and want to estimate the current value of it. It does not have the battery. Does anyone want to suggest a value to me? I'd really like to know, b/c I'm just beginning to research to find a dollar amount. I do not need it..it is very cute, though. thank you.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:50 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

There's a fairly decent looking one on ebay right now, with a $299.99 buy it now, as well as a regular Power Wheels Corvette, for $325.

I don't know if these prices are realistic or not. There are usually a few at Corvette Carlisle, every year. I've never bothered to check the asking prices, as I'm not in the market for a second one.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 AM
barbiecorvette
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by gbvette62
There's a fairly decent looking one on ebay right now, with a $299.99 buy it now, as well as a regular Power Wheels Corvette, for $325.

I don't know if these prices are realistic or not. There are usually a few at Corvette Carlisle, every year. I've never bothered to check the asking prices, as I'm not in the market for a second one.
Thank you! this is a great starting point..I looked on ebay and found a red one..not as old as this pink one.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:00 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Members:

I have removed some posts on a couple of threads regarding the following:

When another member has a thread looking for something, its poor form to "hijack" their thead by posting an ad looking for the same item in their thread.

Also, if you want to communicate with another member who posts within another persons thread, send them a PM rather than compete with the OP for the items available in his Wanted thread.

Please review forum rules re: Hijacking and Sales Thread Interference if you are unfamiliar with them.

Please start your own Wanted threads.

Get notified of new replies

To I need Barbie Corvette Power Wheel help

Quick Reply: I need Barbie Corvette Power Wheel help