Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

High End 1:18 C7 Diecast Coming

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Force-1
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
I believe in the Beer Fairy
USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

Default High End 1:18 C7 Diecast Coming

All limited edition 150 pieces. Pre-order now, shipping November 2014.

All will have red brake calipers and black alloy wheels.

http://www.legacydiecast.com/chevrol...-convertible-2

http://www.legacydiecast.com/chevrol...-convertible-3

http://www.legacydiecast.com/chevrol...rtible#details
Old 03-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Resin, not diecast. Nothing will open. I've had a coupe version on order for about 8 months. Latest is: coupe finally arriving in April.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:37 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke/Earl
Resin, not diecast. Nothing will open. I've had a coupe version on order for about 8 months. Latest is: coupe finally arriving in April.
Despite the perceived value of a scale model with opening features, those very features often detract from the overall appearance and total accuracy of any given model. BBR is also well-known as a quality manufacturer of exact-scale miniatures and they are never inexpensive.

In other words, I find, at least for my Corvette collection that I'm perfectly happy with picking up the occasional Franklin Mint model on Ebay for far less than the original price.

If you just want to have a representative of a given Corvette - or must have every example ever produced, then this may not be for you.

Also don;t forget this is in the larger 1:18-scale which is usually more expensive anyway.

I hope you'll post your impressions of the coupe you've already ordered so we can hear your opinions.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Duke/Earl
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by last901
Despite the perceived value of a scale model with opening features, those very features often detract from the overall appearance and total accuracy of any given model. BBR is also well-known as a quality manufacturer of exact-scale miniatures and they are never inexpensive.

In other words, I find, at least for my Corvette collection that I'm perfectly happy with picking up the occasional Franklin Mint model on Ebay for far less than the original price.

If you just want to have a representative of a given Corvette - or must have every example ever produced, then this may not be for you.

Also don;t forget this is in the larger 1:18-scale which is usually more expensive anyway.

I hope you'll post your impressions of the coupe you've already ordered so we can hear your opinions.
I did not complain about nonoperating items. I just stated a warning, as many here overly complain when they don't.

The model is a gift for a friend who has a real red Stingray. I wish they made one to match my silver stingray.

Last edited by Duke/Earl; 04-01-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:35 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke/Earl
I did not complain about nonoperating items. I just stated a warning, as many here overly complain when they don't.
I didn't think you were complaining. I simply wanted to add my own thoughts.

Get notified of new replies

To High End 1:18 C7 Diecast Coming

Quick Reply: High End 1:18 C7 Diecast Coming