Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

WTB Yellow power wheels corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 PM
73 Survivor
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WTB Yellow power wheels corvette

I would like to buy a yellow power wheels corvette for my granddaughters birthday. They sold them new a couple of years ago but I can't find them today. Anyone have one for sale or know where I can buy one. I checked ebay and craigslist but no luck.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Ron71
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 73 Survivor
I would like to buy a yellow power wheels corvette for my granddaughters birthday. They sold them new a couple of years ago but I can't find them today. Anyone have one for sale or know where I can buy one. I checked ebay and craigslist but no luck.

Are you looking for the yellow c5 R?. if so they were made by Safety First. I see them on Craigslist and eBay every once in a while.
The following users liked this post:
73 Survivor (08-27-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 07:46 PM
73 Survivor
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ron71
Are you looking for the yellow c5 R?. if so they were made by Safety First. I see them on Craigslist and eBay every once in a while.
I was looking for a yellow C7 but I would consider any yellow vette. I will check out Safety First. Thanks
Old 08-27-2017, 09:26 PM
73 Survivor
Advanced

I just got back from New York after picking up my yellow c5 R, thanks to Ron71 for telling me about the Safety First corvette. I found one on Craiglsist after looking for months for the yellow c7. This thing is really cool, it has working headlights and turn signals, horn, radio that works, lots of different engine sounds and is in excellent condition. My granddaughter is going to love it! Can't wait for her birthday. It was a 600 mile round trip but well worth it. Thanks again Ron!
Old 08-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Ron71
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 59 Posts

Glad you were able to find one. A couple of tips. The radio runs on separate batteries from the main battery. These are accessed by turning the two ***** below the radio counter clockwise. The bottom plate will then come off and there is one phillips screw that needs to be undone in order to get to the radio batteries.

Secondly the safety first batteries are pricey and do no last long. You can do a search for a battery replacement on google. Basically remove the safety first proprietary plastic connector and add a 30 amp fuse to the hot side. Add spade connectors to both the positive and negative wires. You may need to lengthen each wire somewhat. Gruber sells a battery that is a direct fit in the battery compartment. It is a fraction of the price and has a longer reserve power. I have 2 in the basement that I had bought for my boys years ago. I wish they had odometers as they literally drove these for miles and miles.

Oh, and the front headlight bulbs can be replaced with replacement led bulbs that look awesome as well.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:56 PM
73 Survivor
Advanced

Thanks again Ron, that's a lot of good info.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:41 PM
CyberBullet
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Good stuff. I took my old battery to Interstate batteries and they had a replacement with a charger for it. Changed the terminals on the car to fit the battery and all is good. I think it only cost me about $40 if I remember correctly. Been about a year and a half and the grand daughter still rides the heck out of it.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Yellow power wheels corvette

Quick Reply: WTB Yellow power wheels corvette