Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

1/18

Old 04-18-2018, 03:43 PM
mountie55
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by one18Vette
nope. oh well.
Uh..... if you can see it in your gallery........ Are you saying it won't 'right click' / save image if you try?

That can be frustrating.... especially when it's your photo...

A thought..... maybe cheat...... see if you can carefully take a picture of it on the computer with your phone...... Then send THAT pic ( bluetooth?) to your computer. >>>>> Do you know how to do that?<<<<<<

Last edited by mountie55; 04-18-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:50 PM
one18Vette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by mountie55
Uh..... if you can see it in your gallery........ Are you saying it won't 'right click' / save image if you try?

That can be frustrating.... especially when it's your photo...

A thought..... maybe cheat...... see if you can carefully take a picture of it on the computer with your phone...... Then send THAT pic ( bluetooth?) to your computer.
Actually don't have a phone. Don't need one. Not on a traditional comp, just Xb1.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM
mountie55
Advanced

Actually don't have a phone. Don't need one. Not on a traditional comp, just Xb1.
In your avatar / profile..... you say, " and without a single drop of rum..."

Are you in the Caribbean? The roads are scary with potholes, but I have seen 'Vettes there.. Ha
Old 04-18-2018, 04:00 PM
one18Vette
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

In your avatar / profile..... you say, " and without a single drop of rum..."

Are you in the Caribbean? The roads are scary with potholes, but I have seen 'Vettes there.. Ha
Haha! I wish, but no. That was from when my av was a pirate flag. Just never changed that part.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:13 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...on-thread.html

Tinypic works too.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:41 PM
one18Vette
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Thanks my good man but that isn't the problem. Forza won't allow it and I'm on XB1. You can't save pics to it. Therefore I can't attach them. I tried from url but Forza won't allow it. Neither would it alllow a link to work. Its their system and not the forums.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:21 PM
georgehafe
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts
NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In 1, 2, 6, 8 Veteran

Yea.... I've seen 1/18th collecting, 2 different ways.... Mostly like hoarding! (Ha)..... But if they see something cool.... it's a hobby.
I can bet if the size of die-casts were , like 3 feet in size, they wouldn't collect as many!

On the other hand, I was involved in motor racing and I became friends with racers. So, when I saw a die-cast of a car they drove or built, ..I would buy it and bring it to them to sign. They really enjoyed it!! On one occasion I bought 2, and gave it to them. I bought the Exoto Daytona Coupe #5.
I brought it to Dan Gurney's shop. He loved the new die-cast. He signed it. I also found a couple Hot Wheels AAR 'Cuda Trans Am. I showed it to Dan and He didn't know it existed! He signed mine & the other was a gift to him. Later I got my friend Bob Bondurant to also sign the Daytona Coupe, since they both drove it.

I have a couple Exoto Grand Sports driven by my friend Dick Guldstrand, that he signed. ( He passed away in 2015).... I worked for him for a while...

Anyway, some die-casts are valuable when you have a personal attachment to them. Sometimes buyers will pay a lot, if they also feel that way.
Especially when they are signed by the driver!! I have a few signed.... But I think it is time for someone else should have them.
( My office shelves are limited)....
Wow, very nice. Great write up also
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 PM
mountie55
Advanced

Originally Posted by georgehafe
Wow, very nice. Great write up also
Thanks.... I have many stories...... and bunch I can never repeat!!
>> never repeat>> ( Un written rule, when you are a crew member or invited into the "circle". )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1/18