Auto Extras & Memorabilia Accessories for your Corvette that aren’t budget-busters. Plus, Corvette memorabilia and die cast models (1:24 and 1:18 scale).

Earnhardt 1/12 scale

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 02:00 PM
paul82146
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Earnhardt 1/12 scale

I have this model. New in box - never taken out. Anyone know what it’s value is?
2001 DALE EARNHARDT/DALE EARNHARDT JR. GMP 1/12TH SCALE DAYTONA ROLEX CHEVROLET C5R GM GOODWRENCH CORVETTE. VERY LOW 2000 WORLDWIDE PRODUCTION. THIS WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME DALE AND DALE JR. RACED TOGETHER IN THE DAYTONA ROLEX RACING SERIES IN FEBRUARY 2001. THIS IS THE LARGE 1/12 SCALE MODEL WITH EXTREME VERY HIGH DETAIL WITH OVER 500 PARTS INCLUDING REMOVABLE FRONT HOOD/REAR HATCH, REAL WEIGHTED REMOVABLE TIRES/WHEELS WITH REAL LUGNUTS, LUGNUT WRENCH, ACTUAL JACK STANDS, OPENING DOORS, MUSEUM STENCHES, REAL CARBON FIBER DETAILING AND MUCH MORE INCLUDING WHITE GLOVES AND INFORMATION BOOKLET CONTAINING INFORMATION AND FACTS ABOUT THE CAR AND RACE. VERY SHARP AND HIGHLY DETAILED PIECE. COMPLETE ORIGINAL PACKAGING LIKE NEW CONDITION NON DISPLAYED INCLUDING BOTH INNER AND OUTER BOXES
Old 07-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by paul82146
I have this model. New in box - never taken out. Anyone know what it’s value is?
2001 DALE EARNHARDT/DALE EARNHARDT JR. GMP 1/12TH SCALE DAYTONA ROLEX CHEVROLET C5R GM GOODWRENCH CORVETTE. VERY LOW 2000 WORLDWIDE PRODUCTION. THIS WAS THE FIRST AND ONLY TIME DALE AND DALE JR. RACED TOGETHER IN THE DAYTONA ROLEX RACING SERIES IN FEBRUARY 2001. THIS IS THE LARGE 1/12 SCALE MODEL WITH EXTREME VERY HIGH DETAIL WITH OVER 500 PARTS INCLUDING REMOVABLE FRONT HOOD/REAR HATCH, REAL WEIGHTED REMOVABLE TIRES/WHEELS WITH REAL LUGNUTS, LUGNUT WRENCH, ACTUAL JACK STANDS, OPENING DOORS, MUSEUM STENCHES, REAL CARBON FIBER DETAILING AND MUCH MORE INCLUDING WHITE GLOVES AND INFORMATION BOOKLET CONTAINING INFORMATION AND FACTS ABOUT THE CAR AND RACE. VERY SHARP AND HIGHLY DETAILED PIECE. COMPLETE ORIGINAL PACKAGING LIKE NEW CONDITION NON DISPLAYED INCLUDING BOTH INNER AND OUTER BOXES
Have no idea but I would check Google, ebay & Amazon.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 07-12-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:53 PM
paul82146
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Can’t find it anywhere - just wondering what it’s worth?
Old 07-14-2018, 01:05 AM
7Vette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can’t find it anywhere - just wondering what it’s worth?
There's one on Ebay with a $450 BIN price, and a distressed one sold for $143.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:35 AM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 440 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

It's really hard to say what the VALUE of it is. Obviously, you've done the right thing and kept it in the box, which will always command top dollar if your planning to sell it. The last time GMP offered a 1/12 scale C5-R has been well over 10 years. The original price of these was like between $699-$799 depending on where you bought it. If you type in GMP 1/12 Corvette in ebay search, that'll give you a listing of similar models. I've noticed over the past year that what people are "asking" for these has gone crazy expensive but, they're not moving because of that. One good rule to remember is keep an eye on the completed listings for what these models sell for. You'll get your occasional crazy collector that will pay top dollar but, on the average, you'll see them bought for less. I spent about 10 years collecting all the GMP C5-R's and I never paid even close to their original asking price if that's any indication of what the "value" may be. Someday, I believe they will catch fire and sell routinely for more than their original price. We're just not there, yet.....Hang on to it.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:32 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I am into scale models big time and have several 1/12 GMP Corvettes. The Earnhardt one in particular has an incredible price variation. I have seen them listed for over $2000 and just bought the same one mint in box for marginally over $400. If I were you and not in a hurry to sell I would start at a high price but not on eBay. Rather sell it here or in your local Corvette section here, your local Kijiji etc. You can always lower your price!

Get notified of new replies

To Earnhardt 1/12 scale

Quick Reply: Earnhardt 1/12 scale