Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

PCV Oil Catch Cans - Two Chamber

 
Old 11-04-2013, 03:12 PM
  #41  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,147
Thanked 239 Times in 190 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by 03SpiralGray View Post
Thanks for the response.

I have an 04 Z06 with a maggie that I track.

Would the routing be the same as what you described above?
Yes

Regards
Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is offline  
Old 11-19-2014, 03:43 PM
  #42  
hrt vlv
CF Senior Member
 
hrt vlv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Mech. pa
Posts: 875
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts View Post
Correct,

Top port is the inlet

Side port is the outlet.

Connect from the PCV to the top of the can

Connect from the side of the can back to the manifold.

Peace
Chip
How often do you empty container? Is their a performance advantage? Will I get a leaner fuel/oil/air mixture? Does the ecm calculate for the lean burn? Am I over thinking the benefit of this product? Bill
hrt vlv is offline  
Old 11-19-2014, 04:26 PM
  #43  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,147
Thanked 239 Times in 190 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by hrt vlv View Post
How often do you empty container? Is their a performance advantage? Will I get a leaner fuel/oil/air mixture? Does the ecm calculate for the lean burn? Am I over thinking the benefit of this product? Bill
Yes you are way over thinking it.

It stops excess oil vapor from entering the manifold and pooling
oil and gunk. It will help keep the top half of the intake system
clean and not coated with oil dust and dirt

Regards
Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is offline  
Old 11-19-2014, 04:48 PM
  #44  
hrt vlv
CF Senior Member
 
hrt vlv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Mech. pa
Posts: 875
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts View Post
Yes you are way over thinking it.

It stops excess oil vapor from entering the manifold and pooling
oil and gunk. It will help keep the top half of the intake system
clean and not coated with oil dust and dirt

Regards
Chip
So just routine the canister? How much oil do users drain out routinely? I suppose it would depend on how hard you are driving.
hrt vlv is offline  
Old 11-19-2014, 06:37 PM
  #45  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,147
Thanked 239 Times in 190 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by hrt vlv View Post
So just routine the canister? How much oil do users drain out routinely? I suppose it would depend on how hard you are driving.
Right

You will get 2-3 oz per oil change
or
2 to 3 oz per track session


Regards
Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is offline  
Old 11-19-2014, 07:02 PM
  #46  
hrt vlv
CF Senior Member
 
hrt vlv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Mech. pa
Posts: 875
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts View Post
Right

You will get 2-3 oz per oil change
or
2 to 3 oz per track session


Regards
Chip
Thank you very much, I saw how much came out of one system after maybe 4000 miles. I will be ordering one soon. It does look like something very worthwhile. Chip, you have great support for customers asking many questions.I will let forum members and you aware of my experience with your product. W.C.S.
hrt vlv is offline  
Old 11-23-2014, 02:38 PM
  #47  
hrt vlv
CF Senior Member
 
hrt vlv's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2014
Location: Mech. pa
Posts: 875
Thanked 46 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hrt vlv View Post
Thank you very much, I saw how much came out of one system after maybe 4000 miles. I will be ordering one soon. It does look like something very worthwhile. Chip, you have great support for customers asking many questions.I will let forum members and you aware of my experience with your product. W.C.S.
I'm sold ordered a red one. Mount as close to vertical as possible?
sincerely,

Bill
hrt vlv is offline  
Old 11-23-2014, 03:43 PM
  #48  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,147
Thanked 239 Times in 190 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by hrt vlv View Post
I'm sold ordered a red one. Mount as close to vertical as possible?
sincerely,

Bill
Correct - Shipping tomorrow

Tks for the sale

Regards
Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 AM
  #49  
FASTFATBOY
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2002
Location: Mobile al
Posts: 2,579
Thanked 137 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CCA Corvette Parts View Post
Correct,

Top port is the inlet

Side port is the outlet.

Connect from the PCV to the top of the can

Connect from the side of the can back to the manifold.

Peace
Chip
Confused

Top hose goes behind the throttle body and the side hose to the valley cover on an LS6?

FASTFATBOY is offline  
Old 03-14-2015, 09:17 PM
  #50  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,147
Thanked 239 Times in 190 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY View Post
Confused

Top hose goes behind the throttle body and the side hose to the valley cover on an LS6?

Bottom nipple from valley pan goes to the top of the can

Top nipple on the manifold neck goes to the side of the can

http://www.customcorvetteaccessories...lcatchcan.html

Regards
Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is offline  
Old 06-13-2016, 04:06 PM
  #51  
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
CCA Corvette Parts's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: Manassas Park VA
Posts: 35,147
Thanked 239 Times in 190 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17
Default

All current orders are OTD

Regards
Chip
__________________
..................Click for

CCA Corvette Parts is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCV Oil Catch Cans - Two Chamber


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.