Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

FS: 08 Z06- Mti Sequential Tranny- full race cage/prep Steal at $48k

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 11:43 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Default 08 Z06- Mti Sequential Tranny- full race cage/prep Steal at $48k

This car used to be fore sale on here a while back. I picked the car up with the intention of ripping the tranny out and stuffing it in my other car... I'm currently reconsidering as I don't want it to completely spoil me, and it likely will if I drive it again. I took it to Sebring this past weekend for one day of Time Trial after sorting out some small issues Saturday. Car is pretty well sorted, and plenty fast even without "big" power.

Car was previously listed at a "reduced" price of 58k. I'm going to fire sale the car at $48k. You can't hate it for the price- $25k is in the tranny alone, plus Aero, suspension, brakes and cage work, the car is basically free.

I've only spent this past weekend in the car, so here are my candid observations about the car, and then I will list out all the nitty gritty specs below that, plus pictures. Car has a clean/clear Florida title in hand. Car weighs right around 3k

Chassis has 25k on it. Motor and sequential have less than 7 hours on their build.

My thoughts about the car:
The sequential will spoil you rotten (actually the reason I am choosing "Not" to install it in my other car, although if this sits long enough, I will likely change my mind) You only use the clutch when you first start rolling or on downshifts, the system cuts spark on both up and down, but you just pull the lever for ups. the 7.5" racing clutch is a bit much for the car, but easily usable.

Car is quick- Ran an easy 2:19 at Sebring. At full tilt, this car should be a 2:15 or better car.

If kept in hot climates, it will need Oil cooling- In our hot 96* heat yesterday, car got into mid 270's oil temp when pushing for more than 4-5 laps. Water was warmer as well that session, running 230-240, so better fans, external oil cooler etc.

Wilwood Brakes- They are not my favorite- I run AP racing on my other car. Wilwood has limited pad selection- Brakes grab well, but engage ABS too easily for my taste. Pads were new as well until sebring this weekend for 12 timetrial laps (3 sessions, 4 laps each)

TraqMate dash system in pics is not included- I had to remove it as the tach calibration and gauges was off. Factory tach and all factory gauges except speedometer work(spedometer seems to hang at 30 mph. The traqmate also blocked my view of that, so I removed it.

The lever by where an "ebrake" would be, is actually a master power switch- Not fond of the location or design, but there is also a master power disconnect on the passenger side B pillar(outside of car) as well.

Engine- Currently makes 542 rwhp

1) LG CNC Modified Heads with .020 milled.
2) LG G7X1 Cam
3) LG Long Tube Headers with GT4 Mufflers
4) K & N Filter
5) Dewitt (Callaway Design) Radiator
6) PFADT Engine Mounts
7) K-Tech Spark Plug Wires
8) Lingenfelter 9 Quart Upgrade Oil Sump
9) Tuned by AntiVenom

Body

1) LG GT2 Wing
2) LG GT2 ZR1 Front Splitter
3) LG Carbon ZR1 Side Skirts
4) ACS World Challenge Hood
5) Air Jack Lift System

Suspension

1) LG G2 Coilovers 900 lb Front /800 lb Rear Spring Rate
2) LG 1”Drop Spindles
3) PFADT Competition Sway Bar Front
4) Addco Rear Sway Bar
5) New SKF hubs in front (30 minutes old)

Drive Train

1) PFADT Transmission Mount
2) MTI Sequential Six Shooter Gear Box
3) DSS Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
4) Separate Fluidyne Diff and Transmission Coolers
5) Auto-Blip for down blip- This is currently not connected as it is not needed with this tranny setup, previous owner wanted it installed, and it is causing a wiring issue with the gas pedal.
6) RPM Stage 4 diff w/ Quaife ATB - 300M LH/RH axles - Gear Ratio 3.73
7) Quartermaster V-Drive 7.25” Triple Disk Clutch with Aluminum Flywheel

Brakes / Wheels / Tires

1) Complete Wilwood W6A Nickel Plate Big Brake Kit with SS Braided Lines
2) CCW C-10 Forged Aluminum Wheels Powder Coated Red with R7’s
3) 315 Front Hoosiers R7 / 345 Rear Hoosiers R7-were brand new until this weekend, I ran under 15 laps total at Sebring. Also did hoosiers heat cycle prep- one slow session to heat them up Saturday, let sit 24 hours, then ran 3, 4 lap sessions Sunday
4) Doug Rippie Performance Brake Master Cylinder

Safety

1) PFADT Lexan Front and Back Glass
2) O & G Full Chrome-moly Roll Cage
3) Front and Rear Tow Mounts
4) 50 liter Foam Suppression System – 4 nozzles
5) Kirkey 45 Series Race Seat- This is a bigger guy seat, and set back on aluminum mounts (marrad or similar) I am 6'5 280#'s and fit the sit ok, so if you are smaller, this seat will be too big- I will knock $500 off if you don't want the seat/mount)
6) Helmet blower system

Pics:

Last edited by UrbanKnight; 05-02-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:22 PM
charger21
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 75 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Someone is going to get a hell of a deal! GLWTS
Old 05-02-2016, 02:53 PM
loudes13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Week too late. I pulled the trigger on another car.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Saw this monster at Sebring this weekend.

With the build spec and transmission this car is an absolute steal at 60K.

Not to mention you couldn't find a more gracious seller.
The following users liked this post:
UrbanKnight (05-02-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 04:53 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

If you wanted to see some very bad video of this thing in action yesterday, here ya go!

*side note- Mounting your cell phoen to a lexan windshield does not yield the most stable videos... but the sound really demonstrates the shifts in this thing!

Old 05-02-2016, 11:30 PM
dizzy8085
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did I just start a graduate degree! It would take 80k to replicate this thing. If only!
The following users liked this post:
UrbanKnight (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Dubstep Shep
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This is pretty much exactly what I want my car to end up like... Too bad I didn't wait awhile to buy... Ah well.

If you have a build thread on this beauty I'd love to look over it! Especially the cage, trans/diff cooler, wiring, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To 08 Z06- Mti Sequential Tranny- full race cage/prep Steal at $48k

Quick Reply: FS: 08 Z06- Mti Sequential Tranny- full race cage/prep Steal at $48k