Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Classifieds Post your For Sale or Wanted Autocrossing & Roadracing parts here.

WTT: 2007 Dodge Nascar COT for other racecar/C6/c7 or??

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 02:39 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Default 2007 Dodge Nascar COT for other racecar/C6/c7 or??

I had the bug, and just had to have one, so I bought one, and lost all motivation to run it.. I normally drive a Full prep/built C6z, so thinking I may just stay with something in the family as a second/backup

Here is what I have:
2007 Petty Enterprises Car of Tomorrow Dodge Charger look- Former oval, mostly converted to road course. I say mostly converted because its never been on the road course in mine or the previous owners ownership. I attempted to take it to sebring in October, but lack of brake lights and lack of sorting halted that quickly...
I got it from a guy who bought it directly from Petty enterprises. It is chassis 007 (cool number right)
Has the dodge race motor R5 P7 making 848 horse on the engine dyno (engine built by Evernham. Dyno time only) Comes with a folder/binder from Evernham including engine dyno sheet
Road race A arms
Road race springs
AP racing pedal box
Alcon TPC Front Calipers
Brembo Rears
Huge oil cooler, radiator and fan setup
TEX racing tranny
New SX Battery and on board charger
Dual Bottle fire system
14.1 Steering Box
I currently welded in channel iron and normal road race seat uprights and have a larger kirkey containment seat in it. I also have the factory NASCAR seat and containment panels you are welcome too as well. Without any adjustment, as it sits, car will accomodate someone 6'-6'4. I am 6'5 and the pedal box is not entire comfortable to me as the pedals are still 4-5" away from the firewall. They were originally 8" away from the firewall. I have the parts and spacer I'll also include for that.
Box full of slugs to adjust alignment and such, plus some oval spares, flywheels and things that came with car.

What car needs:
Shop that know these cars to nut/bolt and help sort the car. I am not too knowledgeable about this platform.

I put scrub pirellis on it end of october as the goodyears were from 2009

I value it at 30k

Trades:
Street or track cars considered, will trade up or down! Prefer C6 platform, but will listen to offers!
Vids:
Walkaround
https://youtu.be/djXrH8gCLP8

Idle

Last edited by UrbanKnight; 11-06-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:09 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Bump! Bueller, bueller....
Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Bump before I end up building this thing and using it
Old 02-26-2019, 09:47 AM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

What does "lack of sorting, halted that quickly" mean. And what do you mean by the car needing a shop to "sort" the car out. What exactly are the problems with the car ? What is the weight of the car ? Any transmission or brake issues ? Do you know who drove the car at Petty ?
Old 02-26-2019, 10:07 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Originally Posted by TopSpeedNeed
What does "lack of sorting, halted that quickly" mean. And what do you mean by the car needing a shop to "sort" the car out. What exactly are the problems with the car ? What is the weight of the car ? Any transmission or brake issues ? Do you know who drove the car at Petty ?
didnt have brake lights= wasn’t allowed on track. No known problems, but I don’t know anything about stock cars other than I own one. No idea on weight.

Car was supposedky a bobby labonte car, then RPE solo car. Previous owner bought it from petty enterprises, and did the road course conversion stuff(brakes, shocks, shims and slugs and a arm adjustment along with aligningv the car to be straight and synetrrical I got it from him, and neither of us ever put it on the track. So it’s untested. I had the seat mounts set up for me. We have driven the car around a parking lot, but that’s as much seat time as it’s seen.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:54 PM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Did XP Motorsports ever do any wrenching on this car ?
Old 02-26-2019, 02:08 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Did XP Motorsports ever do any wrenching on this car ?
they made the seat mounts for it, took out the pedal spacers, installed the harness and seat In trying to prep it for Sebring.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:12 PM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by UrbanKnight
they made the seat mounts for it, took out the pedal spacers, installed the harness and seat In trying to prep it for Sebring.
They did some work on one of my C6's, and I remember looking at your yellow C6 in their shop. They told me they did all the work on it. I guess I am surprised they couldn't set this car up for you, they seem to know what they are doing.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:29 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

They did some work on one of my C6's, and I remember looking at your yellow C6 in their shop. They told me they did all the work on it. I guess I am surprised they couldn't set this car up for you, they seem to know what they are doing.
they could. I just haven’t done it
Old 03-12-2019, 04:57 PM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Bump for anyoen for anything.... LOL
Old 04-23-2019, 11:59 AM
UrbanKnight
Drifting

Will sell outright for $23k.... thats a lot of car for a little $$$

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Dodge Nascar COT for other racecar/C6/c7 or??

Quick Reply: WTT: 2007 Dodge Nascar COT for other racecar/C6/c7 or??