Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

#1 Styling, #2 Bring back the Stingray!

Old 02-17-1999, 10:11 PM
MoMo
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but I am having the biggest problem warming up to the C5. It looks...well, sooo Japanese! It has an RX-7 nose and a Mitsubishi Eclipse butt. Could you bring back the 68-73 Kamm effect rear end with bigger flares? How about a more unique nose?
In the power department, there are a number of cars that can run with, or beat a Corvette. Yet, there is no high performance option. There's no "Stingray"!
Why not build a limited big block run? Go ahead and charge a premium. If you make it, they will come...C5 fans are foaming at the mouth because they don't have the performance of the big block Viper. Why?
Is GM willing to take a back seat in performance with the C5? How come they make less expensive riceburners that are faster?
(RX-7, Supra turbo)
Old 02-17-1999, 10:44 PM
Troy Roberts
CF Co-Founder
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise In I Veteran
Cruise In II Veteran
Cruise In III Veteran
Cruise In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I like the Stingray idea. Did you see the posts about a retro version? That could be a cool car.
Old 02-22-1999, 12:07 AM
Brian
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right about the C-5 styling. I end up waving to more *** cars! Let's see something fresh like the Mustang's sucessful retro look - so old, it was new!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: #1 Styling, #2 Bring back the Stingray!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: