Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passive Keyless Entry system

Old 02-23-1999, 09:37 AM
Laurent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My exported (Switzerland) '95 coupe doesn't have the PKE option installed. So I investigated to see if that option is available separately, but until now I haven't found any right information about it.

History
=======
It seems that all USA models (from '93 and later C4 models), the PKE is standard. So, to be sure I checked in my exported '95 by first checking the RPO codes (AX3 seems to be the code for PKE option), result no AX3 code listed and second I added a fuse at the PKE position to see if the PKE eyewitness lights up during ignition. The PKE eyewitness stays off. So, the PKE option seems not installed.

From the owner manual I deduct the PKE option is composed by 2 antennas (1 in the driver door and 1 somewhere rear) and by a electronic module probably installed behind the console. (transmitter also is part of the option).

From that history, I have 2 questions :
Is it possible to have a right information about what is already mounted in my '95 (antennas or may be only wiring) regarding my VIN# : 1G1YY22P9S5114188 ?
Is the PKE option available separately (kit to install himself)?

Thanks for help
Old 05-13-1999, 12:23 AM
Red Dwarf
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Re: PKE RPO. I have a 95 with the PKE. My options shows the option as AUO. There are two antennas, one located in the drivers door & one in the
rear compartment underneath the shade. According to my manual the PKE
system interacts with the Central Control Module (CCM) & the power door lock system. Not much help, but its' all I have.

Good luck
Old 04-03-2000, 10:29 AM
ulf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hallo,
habe Ihr Problem gelesen.ich selbst habe eine 96er Corvette und bin in Deutschland mit PKE. Das System ist nicht sehr gut, die Reichweite nur ca. 1 - 1,5m. Jetzt habe ich das System ersetzt durch eine Viper 800 ESP Anllage, die das gleiche tut, aber auch noch eine viel bessere Alarmanlage ist.
Sollten Sie auch überlegen anstatt das PKE nachzurüsten - der Aufwand ist gleich, der Nutzen und Komfort um ein vieles höher.

Viele Grüsse

Ulf Müller

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passive Keyless Entry system

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: