Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letters to Corvette Publications not just Chevrolet!

Old 03-14-1999, 05:18 PM
Brian
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

What do you think about the quality of Corvette Publications? Let's hear it! Yankee Lady Message board has had a lot of comments. We need the good with the bad. Let them know your feelings. Sick of the C-5? Too many boring "road" articles. Personally, I couldn't get through the April issue of Vette magazines' article entitled "DRIVEN". It was so BORING!!!! Who cares what exit took you off the interstate and how many woodchucks you hit cross country!!!
Old 03-18-1999, 01:33 PM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, man. We need a magazine like "Car Craft" or even--God help me--"Hot Rod" specifically for Corvettes.
I'm also sick and tired of the "Route 66 in a C5" type of story. Those are stroke pieces written for the dentists or whatever who aren't interested in working on their cars. (Please, dentists, don't flame me. I didn't mean to disparage you guys--I was just making a point!)
I believe I want more tech on all the years. Tech, tech, tech! Hundreds of black and white photos of greasy hands doing the hipo mod thing. Charts! Graphs!
Old 03-20-1999, 09:24 PM
california91207
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an owner of a C4, and former '78 Pace Car owner, I'm getting a little sick and tired of the way the Corvette magazines, especially Vette, have been focusing on the C5. If you want a bunch of GM hype, you can go to Corvette Quarterly. Lets see more pre-1997 cars on the covers from now on!

Old 03-21-1999, 01:44 AM
Pro

If you are looking for a magazine for 68 to 82 sharks go here : www.corvette.net/shark/
Not much help for C4's but an excellent resource for shark fans.
Old 03-21-1999, 04:35 AM
White 91
Instructor

That's exactly the point! Where is the magazine for C4 lovers? I'm sure if TPIS were larger they might publish a magazine for us.
Maybe I'll put a bug in their ear (so to speak!).
Old 03-27-1999, 09:28 PM
Brad
Racer

I thought I was the only one who felt this way! Glad to hear otherwise. I'm so tired of seeing these articles about the C5 and how its light years ahead of any other car, especially C4's. What about the remaining 95% of Corvettes that aren't C5's?
Obviously GM expects us to immediately upgrade to their latest version since they made the new F-bodies equally fast or faster than the C4's. What a slap in the face!

Brad

Old 04-09-1999, 10:11 PM
Rick93Z07
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, you want to get sick? Pick up a copy of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Ford's at the news stand! It's 250 pages of nothing but excellent tech articles & related race info. One issue has more valuable information in it than 15 years worth of Corvette mag's. You're lucky to see 6 good articles per year about the C4 in any Vette mag. Corvette magazines stink. I have yet to see a decent article on a C4 manual trans swap or upgrade.

Old 04-13-1999, 12:22 PM
Ryan Ferguson
Racer

Hmm. I guess I'd rather read about the C5, personally. I was drawn into the Corvette fold when I first laid eyes on the C5 in 1997. Corvettes didn't interest me much up until that point. (Heresy, I know!) But, I like them now! (Except the C4 - it was GM's fault alone, but that car lived beyond its intended lifecycle -- it was old looking in 1996!)

Old 04-17-1999, 10:37 AM
rhett.m.
Instructor

The C4 is old looking??? Well....maybe because it's been around for about 15 years! Ya think? I don't think old is the right word to describe it. I have just recently entered the Vette world. I never was a big fan of them, until one day when i went to look at a Camaro SS and drove out in a 96 C4. After i test-drove it and sat there and REALLY gave it a chance i fell in love. The C5 isn't bad either, but that's about $25K more than i wanted to spend. (Too many C5 article....i agree)

One thing that really pisses me off is that the Camaro's have more hp 2 years after they quit making the C4's. Did GM forget about us that quickly?

[This message has been edited by rhett.m. (edited 04-17-99).]
Old 05-03-1999, 01:50 AM

I'm a C4-C5 lover. I believe that most publications try to cater to all Corvettes. Of course the newest one will get the most attention, especially due to advertisers$$.
C4-C5 owners seem to be spending more on mods and such, check the big ad's in these publications. Well I guess I will be bitching in a few years about how all the attention is going to the C6.

[This message has been edited by Beignet Joe (edited 05-03-99).]
Old 05-03-1999, 08:18 PM
65STINGRAY
3rd Gear

I have owned 13 Corvettes from 56 to 90. I currently own a 65. While I like the the
C-5 if its so great why do the Vipers clean their clocks. Why not build the best sports car instead of the second best. ( American of course ).
Old 05-04-1999, 08:19 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Corvette Fever recently had a change at the top. The most recent issue was excellent with technical articles that spanned all Corvette models. Their intent is to keep these types of issue coming. If they do, I will renew. Vette on the other hand just seems to cover trips in a C5. While I personally enjoy these types of articles once in awhile, a steady diet is boring. Vette magazine recently had a shakeup and requested input from their readers on how the magazine should change. The number one complaint was that there was not enough technical or "how to" content. They have promised a change which should be coming in the near future. I hope so, or I will not renew this one. For technical content, you can't beat GM High Tech Performance, however they cover all cars so Vette specific articles are few and far between. I still like this magazine however.

Old 05-05-1999, 04:51 PM
BruceF
Le Mans Master

Vette is undergoing an editor change. The third in about a year. The most recent issue was done by the old editor. Hopefully the new editor will provide some direction for the magazine.
As for Corvette Fever, they are also undergoing a change of editors now. Again, the most recent issue was done by the old editor.
Only time will tell if things change.

Old 05-07-1999, 03:39 AM
Jim 77
Racer

I agree... why not make another corvette magazine? A black and white, all vette tech... C1 through C3.... fine... C4 also. I would like to see a magazine that follows the restoration of specific cars... say... a 24 part series on restoring a C2? Anyone? The world has room for one more _~

Jim
Fochi@aol.com
Old 05-12-1999, 01:52 PM
ChuckD
Intermediate

A lot of readers must be tired of the same lame editorials in "Vette." Advertising content is way down and they are on their 3 editor is the past 4 issues.

Bring back Hib and his "Big Block from Hell"
series - or maybe a real tire test issue, rather than re-writing PR materials.

Corvette Fever has surpassed Vette in the past several issues.

CD
Old 05-19-1999, 11:07 PM
Brian
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

New Vette and Corvette Fever Magazines have older vettes on cover of the latest issues! Both publications have a lot more diverse articles on the each model year. Pretty good news but I still love Cars & Parts Corvette.

[This message has been edited by Brian (edited 05-19-99).]

Get notified of new replies

To Letters to Corvette Publications not just Chevrolet!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Letters to Corvette Publications not just Chevrolet!