Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHAT ADRESS DO I SEND A LETTER TO GM

Old 01-06-2000, 04:50 PM
MELVIN
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TODAY, I JUST PAID $86 DOLLARS TO MY LOCAL GM DEALER IN LABOR (1.5 HOURS)TO HAVE MY SPINDLE/SPINDLE SUPPORT PRESSED APART, AS WELL AS BOTH REAR BEARINGS
ON BOTH TRAILING ARMS ON MY 68 VETTE.

I BROUGHT THE TRAILING ARMS TO THEM, OFF THE CAR, COMPLETELY DISSASEMBLED, EXCEPT THE PARTS THAT NEEDED TO BE PRESSED OFF. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, IS ATTACH THE TOOLS, TURN SOME NUTS, AND IT POPS THE PARTS APART. I HAVE SEEN THIS JOB PERFORMED MANY TIMES AT VETTE SPECIALTY SHOPS

THIS WHOLE OPERATION USES TWO SPECIAL TOOLS, AND REQUIRES ABSOLUTLEY NO DISSASEMBLY OF THE TRAILING ARM AS I BROUGHT IT TO THE DEALER.
IT SHOULDVE TAKEN, AT THE VERY MOST, ONE HOUR. 30 MINUTES IS MORE LIKE IT.

I TALKED WITH THE SERVICE MANAGER, AS WELL AS THE MECHANIC.

THEY BOTH SAID, YEP, REALLY NO PROBLEMS WHEN WE DID IT, BUT IT TOOK 1.5 HOURS TO DO.

I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN, OR RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE DOES EITHER

ITS STEVE JONES CHEVY, SOUTHERN PINES, N.C.

WHO/WHERE DO WRITE TO AT GM?
Old 01-08-2000, 09:28 AM
C6 Strangebob
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, look in the back of your owner's manual under Customer Satisfaction Procedures.

Second, you should try typing in lower case. YOU ARE SHOUTING!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WHAT ADRESS DO I SEND A LETTER TO GM

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: