Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Advertising

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2000, 05:41 PM
shaheen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With such a limited supply of Corvettes each year and the incredible demand, why is the marketing department of GM spending a dime on advertising. I see two page color ads in magazines from Forbes to Automobile each month. There are thousands of people lining up to give GM money for these cars each year. I ordered my Corvette on 12/24/99 and now have a tpw of 3/6/2000. I would have waited six month if I had to. I think GM’s Corvette Marketing budget should be moved over to R&D so we can all get some more Horse Power. Horse Power is all the marketing a Corvette purchaser needs. I don’t know anyone who made up their mind to wait in line for three to four months for a Corvette because of a Vette ad in Forbes.
Old 03-06-2000, 08:47 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, and your first post. We ask this question all the time, even Dodge Viper had an ad on TV. We understand that Chevy sells all the Vette's they make, but a TV spot or two would not break the bank.

Quick Reply: Corvette Advertising