Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM HPDE at Putman

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:51 PM
freefall
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom...whenever you read the thread. The Zaino Bros will definitely disapprove of your efforts - you're stealing their polishers and turning them into track junkies!!! Sounds like another nice package you put together - definitely want to get to one of them soon!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:39 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by freefall
Tom...whenever you read the thread. The Zaino Bros will definitely disapprove of your efforts -

Actully John we will have the Car Care Products ppl come too CMP. After the first day We will divide the cars up into Three groups have these three groups of car car speciests do there magic that evening. Then in the morning we will have a contest on which was the best. Plus Clean Cars to get dirty again.

Did you guys notice the new ZO6 color combos, they look great. Silver with a Black rocker pannels, or Yellow with Black rocker pannels, Red with Black rocker pannels, Blue or Black with black rocker pannels
Old 06-08-2006, 07:46 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Thanks Guys for everthing. Mark and I drove 16 hours home yesterday and only got stuck for 3 hours in 3 differnt traffic jams, so still a bit tired.

I get my thoughts together in a day or so.

Did anyone notice the TWO 2007 GM-ZO6s that were there??

I had some very good one on one disscussion with Tom Wallace, Head Corvette Engineer. ( more on that latter )

I think WE, Roc & Crew, the awsome instructors and willing students made this one heck of an event.

Registration for Oct 29-30 at CMP will be the end of June. We will give a one week notice minium to the date and time registation will open. If we know the date when Registration opens we will post it sooner. IT ppl you know
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist.../infocmp.shtml

5-7 events for 2007 are in the pre planning Stages. Putnam Park with a weekend date and CMP will continue. VIR- full course will be added, plus other venues we are working on.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 06-08-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

I think WE, Roc & Crew, the awsome instructors and willing students made this one heck of an event.
Tom,

We appreciate all you did. Some people were in the wrong groups driving either too slow or too fast for their respected group. Roc, Adam & yourself...did a great job of adjusting the field the second day.

I also saw you making an effort to seek out every instructor near the close of the event to make sure they had fun and would attend future events. Very nice campaigning!

BTW, I am having my two-tone color scheme removed today. The rocker panels didn't bother me, but the roof ornaments were a bit too much.

Thanks again for your time as I know your were being pulled like a rag doll from every direction!

Mike
Old 06-08-2006, 08:54 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

To everyone; this is a great thread. Not that I learned anything technically, but because the writeups were great. Sounds like everyone had a great time, didn't hear about any car damage (which means the event kept things under control and no one drove too much over their heads), just another one of those "chamber of commerce" events for NCM!

Our club is going to MSR down here in the TX heat in early July; I hope we have as much fun as you folks did!

Have a good one (oh, sorry, you already have! ),
Mike
Old 06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Tom,

We appreciate all you did. Some people were in the wrong groups driving either too slow or too fast for their respected group. Roc, Adam & yourself...did a great job of adjusting the field the second day.

Thanks again for your time as I know your were being pulled like a rag doll from every direction!

Mike

Tom always took the time to help the instructors with questions and problems and promptly executed reasonable requests. Such as reprimanding those who didn't seem to know what a point-by was. Other than the one or two instructors who didn't understand that concept, it was an extremely well run, well organized event. Schedules were impecably adhered to and everyone got massive amounts of track time. That in combination with the perfect weather made for two days of absolute fun. to Tom and Mark and the gang.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:13 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by robvuk

Tom always took the time to help the instructors with questions and problems and promptly executed reasonable requests. Such as reprimanding those who didn't seem to know what a point-by was. Other than the one or two instructors who didn't understand that concept, it was an extremely well run, well organized event. Schedules were impecably adhered to and everyone got massive amounts of track time. That in combination with the perfect weather made for two days of absolute fun. to Tom and Mark and the gang.

For me personally it was a GREAT way to end my 2006 Midwest track season. The only way it could have been better is if GM gave me one of their Z06s that I drove as a parting gift

My family and I are relocating to Seattle, so I look forward to meeting fellow track junkies in the great Northwest and perhaps trying out Pacific Raceway in October.

Rumor has it that the NCM is exploring the feasibility of a west coast HPDE in 2007
Old 06-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
My family and I are relocating to Seattle, so I look forward to meeting fellow track junkies in the great Northwest and perhaps trying out Pacific Raceway in October.
Coat yourself in Cosmoline to inhibit rusting, Jim. Maybe even buy a periscope for 007.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:51 AM
ErnieN85
Safety Car

Received 264 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
Coat yourself in Cosmoline to inhibit rusting, Jim. Maybe even buy a periscope for 007.
no doubt a wet suit would be in order!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon

Get a dry garage with dehumidifiers, check all your grounds for corrosion regularly and enjoy the coast.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:52 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,734 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
Get a dry garage with dehumidifiers, check all your grounds for corrosion regularly and enjoy the coast.

Interestingly enough Seattle has roughly half the amount of rain in the summer, twice the amount in the winter, and lower humidity and dewpoints all year round as compared to St. Louis.

During the late '90s I was there quite a bit and although winters can be a bit of a drag due to weather, 20* and clouds isn't much better.

Just gotta stay out of the "Convergence Zone" which is where the weather systems smack into the Cascades and dump a bunch of rain.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:58 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Interestingly enough Seattle has roughly half the amount of rain in the summer, twice the amount in the winter, and lower humidity and dewpoints all year round as compared to St. Louis.

During the late '90s I was there quite a bit and although winters can be a bit of a drag due to weather, 20* and clouds isn't much better.

Just gotta stay out of the "Convergence Zone" which is where the weather systems smack into the Cascades and dump a bunch of rain.
I spent most of my years in Washington on the dry side - Spokane and Ellensburg - I did pick up my first ex-wife in Kent though.....my best friend still lives in LaConnor, WA.....
Old 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

You're right, Jim. The difference is St Louis gets a good size rain and then it's over. In Seattle you get mist and rain all the time, but never very much, just enough to ruin a perfectly good picnic or dampen the track.

The summer we moved there the neighborhood had a July 4th community picnic. It was 53* and rain. What a welcome!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:35 PM
indy300
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

5-7 events for 2007 are in the pre planning Stages. Putnam Park with a weekend date and CMP will continue.
Thats great news! I had a blast! My instructor, Jeff Moser, was great also.

Brought the car home in one piece, but did notice a small puddle on the garage floor below my differential today
Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

Well Folks,

I can finally post my thoughts. (I now have a decent connection) TO all that worked so hard putting this together, THANK YOU. I had an absolute blast! Thanks Squeaky Short Throw for showing me how to get to Competition Mode. That made tuesday a much better day than monday. The track is definately fun. Hard on left side stuff. I appreciate all the comraderie and family like atmosphere. Tom, did you know you didn't have any brake lights on your rig? I mentioned it to Mark. We missed you Donna. Steve and Julie better plan on CMP too. I will be there with bells on. I want to thank Bob Dawson, my instructor, for showing me the line and teaching me alot about myself and my car. It was his wife that had the yellow Porche there. Dayum that woman is fast. I got to go for a ride in the new ZO6. WOW!!! Of course, my tires didn't cord and my car didn't break so I didn't get to drive one Banquet was a nice touch.

Outstanding event. I was suprised to see only 3 runs sessions a day as opposed to 4 at CMP. I did get a little antsy on tuesday when we had so much time between our 1st and 2nd session. I appreciate the fact that Tom Wallace had his entire crew there to actaully see what they design.

Did I hear something about VIR in 2007? WOOHOO!!! Full course right? I will go as far west as I-35 for one of these.

Jim, Thanks for sharing your awning with us. As well as everything else. Sorry you're heading for the great Northwest. Good Luck.

We missed the BPK setup. I really need one of those shirts. Looking forward to seeing you at CMP or maybe VIR in July.

Bob
Old 06-09-2006, 10:20 PM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

It was an honor to have Gib as an instructor.

Thanks to everyone at NCM, GM and all of the instructors. Even "The Rock" whose car only has two T's. Hope he'll wise up and get the rest of the letters. A special thanks to all of the guys and gals who helped me prepare for this event and loaned me tools or whatever.

I thought the coolest car, next to Gib's hand built '67 Sting Ray, was a Turbo Porche with "Go Baby Go" on it. Maybe GM will but a spoiler on the Z06.

Heard a rumor that GM may run a Z06 at Bonneville.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
KY-Traveler
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Kanmer
Well Folks,

I can finally post my thoughts. (I now have a decent connection) TO all that worked so hard putting this together, THANK YOU. I had an absolute blast! Thanks Squeaky Short Throw for showing me how to get to Competition Mode. That made tuesday a much better day than monday. The track is definately fun. Hard on left side stuff. I appreciate all the comraderie and family like atmosphere. Tom, did you know you didn't have any brake lights on your rig? I mentioned it to Mark. We missed you Donna. Steve and Julie better plan on CMP too. I will be there with bells on. I want to thank Bob Dawson, my instructor, for showing me the line and teaching me alot about myself and my car. It was his wife that had the yellow Porche there. Dayum that woman is fast. I got to go for a ride in the new ZO6. WOW!!! Of course, my tires didn't cord and my car didn't break so I didn't get to drive one Banquet was a nice touch.

Outstanding event. I was suprised to see only 3 runs sessions a day as opposed to 4 at CMP. I did get a little antsy on tuesday when we had so much time between our 1st and 2nd session. I appreciate the fact that Tom Wallace had his entire crew there to actaully see what they design.

Did I hear something about VIR in 2007? WOOHOO!!! Full course right? I will go as far west as I-35 for one of these.

Jim, Thanks for sharing your awning with us. As well as everything else. Sorry you're heading for the great Northwest. Good Luck.

We missed the BPK setup. I really need one of those shirts. Looking forward to seeing you at CMP or maybe VIR in July.

Bob
Thanks for all your help. Hope you convinced T W to bring back Nassau Blue on the C6. It was a pain to transform a Silver C6 to Nassau Blue an' Silver using painters tape.

BTW, Wal Mart took the tire gage back, even after dropping it on the road at 40 mph. Don't ask.

See Ya Soon.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM HPDE at Putman

Old 06-10-2006, 06:42 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KY-SilverC6
Maybe GM will but a spoiler on the Z06.
Didn't you see the TWO 2007 ZO6s that were there?? the two with the stripes, the Yellow and the Black one. The Black one had the chevy bow tie and #1 on the side. The black one had the 1" spoiler across the rear deck.

the SS may have some sort of wing in the future too.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:22 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Pictures anyone???
Old 06-10-2006, 09:30 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Kanmer
I was suprised to see only 3 runs sessions a day as opposed to 4 at CMP. I did get a little antsy on tuesday when we had so much time between our 1st and 2nd session.

Bob
We had FOUR 30 min sessions per group at CMP and 4 groups and we could use the track from 8:30 am to 5:30 PM. We found that FOUR 30 min sessions for the Green and Yellow groups were too much as most only ran 2 or 3 sessions on day 2.

at Putnam we had FIVE groups and could only run from 9 am to 5pm no ifs ands or butts. So there were THREE 25 min sessions per group to fit it all in.

I will start on the CMP run group times once I get commitments back from the instructors as too how many instructors are comming? Then I can figure the student populations per group / run time / and number of sessions.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 06-10-2006 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply: NCM HPDE at Putman