Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WG 3-4 July with Car Guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Bob 33
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WG 3-4 July with Car Guys

Anyone making it to the Glen for the Car Guys event July 3-4? I know it's deep Yankee country for Southern Gentlemen, but last year both the Mayor of Big Pine and the Golden Eagle made it. I know that they aren't really Southern Gentlemen, but they were close enough to fool yankees. It was a fine outting, especially after the rain stopped, with ample run time and small run groups. I'm planning to stay at the Falls Motel in Greater Montour. If you are planning on the trip, bring your own drinks--onsite liquids, including water, are pricey, especially the gas. Fortunately, the town is nearby, and the toilets at the track are free.

Bob 33
Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Jim 47
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Bob:

Hope all goes well at the Car Guys event. They do a great job with organization and track time. Say hello to Aryan for me. I won't be there, because of other commitments and not enough time for everything. I would like to get to the car guys event at VIR later this year.

Jim
Old 06-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Bob,

It was a tough decision for me this year. I really wanted to go to the Glen again, but that drive is a ball buster. I finally decided to stay around here and go to VIR on Monday and Tuesday (7/3&7/4) then be home for my grandson's birthday and then to Road Atlanta for Friday, Sat & Sunday (7/7, 7/8 & 7/9). That way I keep my wife happy, and I get 5 track days at 2 fabulous tracks; that's a hard to beat proposition.

Have a good time at W/G and say hello to Brad(Cisitilia) and Bill(Vettescca) who will be there instructing.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Bob 33
Racer

Jim, you will be there in spirit--I drive the line you taught me. I guess that means that if I have an off-track excursion its your fault.

Bob 33
Old 06-27-2006, 09:37 PM
vettescca
Intermediate

Bob,

Like the Mayor said, Brad and I will be there. Looking forward to cooler temps. This track will give over temps on the Trans.

Wild Bill
Old 06-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Cisitalia
Racer

Hi Bob,

The southern contingency of the Big Pine Key Motorsports complex will make a showing at the Glen. Wild Bill and I will be there at the order of the Mayor (he wimped out, wife stuff so he says). I look forward to the event, been there before, but not with the Mayor.

Stop by and meet us, Wild Bill has a Chevy duelly with a white enclosed trailer and a yellow Z06. I have a silver Durango with a open Featherlite trailer and a silver Porsche.

Good times a head.

Get notified of new replies

To WG 3-4 July with Car Guys

Quick Reply: WG 3-4 July with Car Guys