Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA Run Offs

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, make no bones about it, From what's been displayed here and elsewhere over the internet, AJ would be far and away the more graceful champion and representative of T1 & the sport.

I'd also love to See Dave P. sneak up and win it, as I know he's a class act and would represent the sport well.

Mike
Old 10-12-2006, 04:44 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Q3 results are posted

http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp

SCCA needs to get some real programers, There wed site is still very poor to find or get information let alone results
Old 10-12-2006, 04:51 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Q3 results are posted

http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp

SCCA needs to get some real programers, There wed site is still very poor to find or get information let alone results
I found them last night, albeit not where they were supposed to be Sometimes the SCCA has a hard time doing things right Eagerly awaiting todays final qualifying session, although things may not change much. Ingle did a real nice job yesterday, hopefully the Corvette guys can knock a little more time off and at least get closer to the race
Old 10-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Hell, Christopher Columbus had an easier time navigating the Atlantic Ocean in 1492 than I've had navigating the SCCA website the past couple of weeks.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Where can i fnd the results for all T1 drivers? ALl I found was the summary for each class.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

I noticed Phil Croyle's times were disallowed for compliance reasons, you guys have any inside info on that?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:10 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I found them last night, albeit not where they were supposed to be Sometimes the SCCA has a hard time doing things right Eagerly awaiting todays final qualifying session, although things may not change much. Ingle did a real nice job yesterday, hopefully the Corvette guys can knock a little more time off and at least get closer to the race
Indeed, Wednesday qualifying was interesting. Here's an approximation of the difference of the qualifying times between the 1st and 3rd sessions.

Scotty +1.8sec (Viper)
Ed +1.7sec (Ferrari)
Andrew +1.3sec (Viper)
Cindi +0.7sec (Viper)
Jeffrey +1.4sec (Viper)
Chris -0.8sec (Corvette)
Jim L +0.3sec (Viper)
Lance +0.1sec (Corvette)
Heinricy +0.6sec (Corvette)

So the Corvettes definitely found some speed between the 1st and 3rd qualifying second. And given that the 3rd qualifying session was in the afternoon, which is approximately when the race will be, also says something. This afternoons qualifying, which comes up in a bit, will tell us a lot more. Will the Corvettes find more speed? Will the Vipers and Ferraris? Can NayKid Racing put both their cars on the front row? Can Cindi pull off a "Triple Crown" win?

But it all comes down to racing. We can all sit here an analyze things, but that's why they run the race.

Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 05:16 PM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the updates Jeff. Indeed this will be an interesting race. Maybe be more fun to see who gets 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Let the races begin.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:20 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chalky
Where can i fnd the results for all T1 drivers? ALl I found was the summary for each class.
http://www.scca.com/Event/Event.asp?Ref=06-runoffs

That's the hub for the '06 Runoffs. I've not had much success working with the "homepage" for the T1 class. But if you select the "Daily Result Files" tab you can download the PDF with all the runoffs qualifying times. Page through that to Race 17/T1, and you get the details.

Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 05:27 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fastzr1
Thanks for the updates Jeff. Indeed this will be an interesting race. Maybe be more fun to see who gets 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Let the races begin.
Will be intersting to see if SBW got the kinks worked out of his super duper shift mechanism thingy

I can't wait to see the whole race. Wouldn't it be great if we saw a Corvette, Viper and Ferrari all on the podium? (Well, it'd be cool from a Corvette ownership standpoint to see Corvettes on all three steps.)

Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

I got a call from Joe Gaudette (Sleeper02Z06). Unfortunately my voice mail picked it up. Joe updated me on his situation, which hasn't been good to date. He got in at the track Sunday evening and started removing the windows and motors from the doors. That promtly threw the CEL, which would have caused problems at tech inspection... So he had to go to GM to sort that... then on his first qualifying session his cat converters stopped up... He spent the rest of Monday, all of Tuesday and some of Wednesday sorting that issue, getting the parts, getting the GM techs to weld the new cats on, and getting the car checked... He has had a grand total 18 laps until today.

On the plus side, SPEED is doing an interview with him today and hopefully you'll get to see his mug on TV when the SCCA Runoffs air.

Joe is a true grassroots racer on as tight a budget as you could ever imagine. He's run this season on everyone elses hand-me-downs from tires to calipers, to other hard parts... Hell I even gave him some seasoned (used) rotors to run on after I sold my vette. He is the true meaning of "budget". I hope he gets a good run in and qualifies better than 20th and I hope he gives them hell... He's a hot shoe and deserves the chance to show he's got what it takes to be there... Budget or not.

Mike Kelly
Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mikelly
I got a call from Joe Gaudette (Sleeper02Z06). Unfortunately my voice mail picked it up. Joe updated me on his situation, which hasn't been good to date. He got in at the track Sunday evening and started removing the windows and motors from the doors. That promtly threw the CEL, which would have caused problems at tech inspection... So he had to go to GM to sort that... then on his first qualifying session his cat converters stopped up... He spent the rest of Monday, all of Tuesday and some of Wednesday sorting that issue, getting the parts, getting the GM techs to weld the new cats on, and getting the car checked... He has had a grand total 18 laps until today.

On the plus side, SPEED is doing an interview with him today and hopefully you'll get to see his mug on TV when the SCCA Runoffs air.

Joe is a true grassroots racer on as tight a budget as you could ever imagine. He's run this season on everyone elses hand-me-downs from tires to calipers, to other hard parts... Hell I even gave him some seasoned (used) rotors to run on after I sold my vette. He is the true meaning of "budget". I hope he gets a good run in and qualifies better than 20th and I hope he gives them hell... He's a hot shoe and deserves the chance to show he's got what it takes to be there... Budget or not.

Mike Kelly
Sounds like an awesome story and I hope it airs when the T1 race shows on SPEED later this year.

Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 05:56 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike Kelly
Windows and window motors do not cause CEL to occur, bet it was the catalysts..........Bet he didn't plan on towing his car 1500 miles to work on it
Old 10-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Mikelly
Melting Slicks

I thought the same thing when I heard the VM... but I have had CELs thrown due to the comms link codes kicked between the various computers...

And I know he had no intention of turning wrenches, other than pulling the windows out of the car...
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-21-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Chalky
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Chalky
Never mind. I found it. That was easy!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

...threw the [b]CEL, which would have caused problems at tech inspection
Okay, what's a CEL?

Go Joe!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:27 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
Okay, what's a CEL?
Check engine light.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA Run Offs

Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://leaderboard.vfx.com/SCCA/Runoffs/LiveTiming.asp -- T1 Q4 is "In Progress" right now!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:36 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

I see that Natha Waldbaum is not on the grid any longer. Anyone know if she's done?

Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Well, Andrew Aquilante and Jeffrey Robbins both improved their positions with qualifying today. It looks like the fastest Corvette will be in Row 3 when they line up on the 14th.

SBW only went out for one lap? Hope everything is OK there. And if I understand the results correctly, "Best time establishes new Runoffs Qualifying Record" means that SBW set the fastest qualifying time at Mid-Ohio last year and resets it at HPT this year.

Fastest Corvette winds up 2.2 seconds off SBW's time. Heinricy looks to be starting from the 5th row, 2.9 seconds off the lead time.

Should be a fun race!

Jeff

Quick Reply: SCCA Run Offs