Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports

Old 03-15-2007, 11:02 PM
nytoy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be watching Sebring, fingers crossed! Looking forward to the "real" story from Lou as to what happened, since the show wouldn't let him upgrade the radiator I'm wondering if that is what the downfall was.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:55 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nytoy
I'll be watching Sebring, fingers crossed! Looking forward to the "real" story from Lou as to what happened, since the show wouldn't let him upgrade the radiator I'm wondering if that is what the downfall was.
Having run my stock radiator ZO6 and FRC at Road Atlanta for more than 15 laps in Jul/Aug temps I would be shocked if it was purely due to the stock radiator.

I do wonder if all those nitrous shots at the dragstrip caused the other cars any problem in the long run...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
fhturner
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by xsiveone
I don't know how the points worked, but if Barnes would've won the final event instead of Cope, would Lou have had a shot at the overall win? I'm guessing no because the last race seemed to be worth as many points as the leader had accumulated during all the previous events.
I believe LG would have won had Barnes put the hammer down at the end and finished 1st. The final race was worth a whopping 500 points. The scoring just prior to the final race had LG & Jace @ something like 580 points, with Gushi in 2nd @ about 420 or so. I think Angela was in 3rd or 4th, but don't remember how many points.

Before the final race even started, I thought it strange (and pretty bogus) that it counted for enough points so that almost anyone could catapult from last to ahead of LG in 1st place (given the right finishing order). Seeing the end result just solidifies that.

I don't have a problem with the last, longest event being worth more points, but to be worth almost as many as the 1st place team had accumulated in all 5 previous events??? That's stretching it. I guess that's TV for ya...
Old 03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Gary04Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby @ LG Motorsports
Lou will get back to you guys soon. He is racing at Sebring and we just qualified 3rd. GO LG!
Go LG!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 PM
itproca
Intermediate

Go LG!!

Lou,

Let us know when that hood for the C6 is for sale!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:22 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmm. So it's over.

I guess I don't really care who won, it was clear back in February that they would not let the Corvette end up on top. However, I am quite nauseated that our dear Ms. Cope pranced around like the second coming of Mario Andretti upon victory.

There were two cars that actually finished...I think I could come in 1st out of two, especially if my car didn't break. How much driver skill is really involved in a battle of broken cars in a limp to the finish?

I would have applauded had she thanked her team for providing a car that didn't break. But it was better for her to act as if she had something to do with the victory.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:50 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

I just watched all of the episodes, pretty cool show.

Lou, the Mopar was a Challenger, not a Charger.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:38 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

GUys,

I promise to get back to you on Tuesday. I am heading to Charlotte for World Challenge testing and I have been away from a computer for the whole week at Sebring.

My team qualified 1st 3rd and 10th for the WC race in Sebring. I was running 2nd and had a diff blow big time. My team mate Doug Peterson who won the pole had an electrical glitch in the PCM and lost 3 laps but finished the race, and Tomy Drissi who qualified 10th made some great passes to work his way up to 3rd at the finish.

Not the best result for a championship run but we head to Long Beach in 3 weeks.

I will get back to you on the Forza thing and give my take on the entire show and the last event.

Sorry I have to go but I promise to get back to this topic.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 AM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by varkwso
Having run my stock radiator ZO6 and FRC at Road Atlanta for more than 15 laps in Jul/Aug temps I would be shocked if it was purely due to the stock radiator.

I do wonder if all those nitrous shots at the dragstrip caused the other cars any problem in the long run...
I was sort of expecting it as the teaser suggested that a "surprise" was around the corner. The problem with these types of shows is that an agenda was set forth before it started production. Take for example the Street Tuner Challenge with the Cobalt SS, Jetta and Skyline GTR competing with each other. It was obvious that the show was bought by GM with all the work that was put into building the Cobalt track car compare to what the other competitors had at their disposal. Behind the scenes was more evident as "someone' from the GM team claimed to have "hurt' his left hand to avoid driving the Left drive Skyline for the track competition scenes. Not to mention packing ice on the supercharger when it was sitting on the track just before filming. TV it is, where ratings and sponsors' agendas are the only concern.

Last edited by rudyarias; 03-18-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,386 Likes on 742 Posts

Lou,

Sorry to hear about the DNF at Sebring; good luck testing at Charlotte!

I'm happy to wait until you can catch your breath before chatting about a TV show.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 03-18-2007, 06:57 PM
LG Motorsports

Hi Guys,

Ok, I am in Charlotte ready to test tomorrow. I borrowed my son's Laptop for now.

If the show was scripted before hand, I was not aware of it. They may have had a plan to control whatever they wanted the outcome to be but it was news to me.

We were not sure why the car overheated because in 9 years of running the LSx engines at the track, we have not had this kind of problem. That is why we didn't put the LG radiator in the car. Plus it was a bit cold in October so it was not likely that it would get hot.

We did have a problem with the driver hitting 1st gear on the way to 3rd gear which was why I had so much problem with him. I told him to NOT use 2nd gear, but just use 3rd and 4th and he would still win.

On the "time trials", our driver came down the hill into 12 bumping the revlimiter in 2nd hard. He left it there almost all the way from the bridge to the start finish line. It was after that when the engine overheated. It turned out to be a leaky head gasket. Again, in 9 years with these engines we have not blown a head gasket but one time when the head bolts were left loose by accident.

As for the points, we had an unbeatable lead going into the final event if the point structure remained the same. So they changed the points for the last race to 5x the normal points. That almost guaranteed that the 15 lap race winner would win the $100k. But if Clarence had won the race instead of dancing and celebrating in the cockpit waiting for the girl to catch up, we would have taken the money home.

I even offered to give $50,000 to Ken Gushi's team if they would park the car since he could not win the money. They turned it down but regretted it after it was over.

We let our driver run the car hot in "reduced engine power" til the end because the other cars were dropping like flys. Had one more car failed to finish, we would have taken the money home.

Still, we are to this day puzzled as to the real reason that the engine overheated. clearly the over revs and constant missed shifts didn't help but the Vette should have been able to take it.

Now as for the"Made up laps"? probably not. The girl was over 4 minutes behind. that was nearly 3 laps. It was for sure over 2 laps since they were running 1:50 laps. So even if she got by on the restart or during the fuel stop, we still had her just on the lead lap when she passed clarence at the checkered. So if there was anything funny, that would be it. As far as we were all concerned, she was still one lap down.

Having said all that. I would do it again. 11 days straight is a long time but we spent most of those nights in the "Pres suite". They gave us breakfast in bed, and had a chef come in to cook in the morning and again at night in the "wine cellar" where they cooked a great fillet Mignon.

They would not let us install all of the parts that we "bought" because our car was clearly the best even with the driver we had. so we could not install our Coil overs or radiator or Borla all of which we requested not to mention our G5X-5 cam and heads.

now could you imagine how bad we would have crushed them if we had a driver that could drag race even a little bit? or if he could shift through the gears with out problems?

I look forward to playing my part again. Nothing was scripted but they did leave a ton out for sure.

Have a great night.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM
Old 03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Thanks for the update, you were certainly entertaining on the show. I also saw you in a video that was shown at a DMV defensive driver course I took a few months back.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:37 PM
openhelix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
GUys,

My team qualified 1st 3rd and 10th for the WC race in Sebring. I was running 2nd and had a diff blow big time. My team mate Doug Peterson who won the pole had an electrical glitch in the PCM and lost 3 laps but finished the race, and Tomy Drissi who qualified 10th made some great passes to work his way up to 3rd at the finish.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Interesting. Was this one of the new DTE diffs that died?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:38 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Lou,

Thanks for the update. I am only an "Amateur", but I will volunteer to be your driver if they have another one of these events

Last edited by 63Corvette; 03-18-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:26 AM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
I would like to see the same format with a Corvette Z06 against Vipers, Porsche and a Ferrari. But who whould risk their Ferrari for a show like this with amatures driving them.
LG
I noticed that the Sebring GT2 class winning Rissi F430 was sponsored by Forza. It would be cool to start with stock Z06/Viper/P-car/Panoz, driven by pro drivers, and mod them all the way up to ALMS GT2 configurations
Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia
I noticed that the Sebring GT2 class winning Rissi F430 was sponsored by Forza. It would be cool to start with stock Z06/Viper/P-car/Panoz, driven by pro drivers, and mod them all the way up to ALMS GT2 configurations

$$$$$$$$$$ The prize would have to be a bunch more the 100,000 grand. Cool idea though!

Al
Old 03-20-2007, 02:09 PM
LG Motorsports

Originally Posted by openhelix
Interesting. Was this one of the new DTE diffs that died?
No and yes,

The DTE Parts and workmanship did not fail. What failed was a new limited slip carrier that we were using. It did well in testing but it could not take the pounding that Sebring offered.

After we took it apart, all the DTE parts were completely intact with no damage.

Thanks

Lou G
Old 03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

A new show was just put in the can out here in CA. Setup will be on Speed in Apr.

http://buildorbust.com/fview.php?view=trailer&id=31

http://buildorbust.com/fview.php?view=trailer&id=32

I see a couple of guys I know in there.

Last edited by RX7 KLR; 03-20-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports