Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:54 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3/10's lead over a 350z. Lou you should have put all 8 plug wires on.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Dainbramage
Racer

Well... we won the 1st road course event!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Lancer033
who's the chick??
She is 18 and related to D.Cope (of NASCAR).

Angela Cope: Angela lives and breathes racing just like her fraternal twin sister Amber. They were only nine-years old when they were given their first go-kart for Christmas. But then again, what would you expect if you were the third-generation in a family of racers. Her uncle Derrike Cope won the Daytona 500 in 1990. Her racing class is Late Model / ARCA.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:11 AM
C5R UZR
Pro

Not too super impressed, but I'll probably keep watching. You know that LG car is pretty cool! How disappointing that the muscle cars couldn't make it through the Road Atlanta course. Hopefully, they'll get them back up and running. Angela Cope looks like she's one of the best drivers, which makes me wonder where they found these people. And that 350z across the grass move was ridiculous - in a bad way!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dainbramage
that sucker just ran a 14.1!!! Come on!!!!
I know, Its scary watching an 18 year old take your pride and joy ( with only 500 miles on it!) down the track, sideways.

That 14.1 pass, we tried the TC off for him, and it stepped out of the grove pretty hard towards the wall. He was not used to that much power, and pedaled it to the best of his ability, but still went slower.

The biggest improvement we made was getting him used to the clutch. Most of those passes were 2.6-2.8 60's, where the mustang had a 2.1 60'.

The car still only has 828 miles on it, and will be forsale at the end of the show.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:59 AM
72Tornado
Pro

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Most of those passes were 2.6-2.8 60's, where the mustang had a 2.1 60'.
Whoa! Guess that explains those ETs...

If that 'Stang is running high 12's with 2.1 60's...it should probably be close to a stock C6 with a good driver. Fancy that

Wish I hadn't seen your sig picture though - that thing looks mean! It kinda spoiled the surprise, but oh well
Old 02-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Not bad...I'll keep watching.

What kind of lap times was the kid running? I know he gave it his all, but good god that looked slow - especailly with the 350z right on his tail for the entire 10 laps.

But then again it paid off - looked like you guys were roughing it in the chateau elan! I liked the preview for the next show - 5 teams working on the cars, LGM getting massages!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 AM
kingkyle
Advanced

yeah... none of them could drive road atl... I would LOVE to know the lap times. The few clips I could see, the LG vette driver couldnt really drive the car. The guy in the 350z looked to be "pushing" the car a little more but had a screw loose.

And if I saw that kid beating up the inside of my vette...
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 AM
freefall
Burning Brakes

I'll watch it again - they definitely try to create drama. It's a good thing Clarence's car blew up - gave him an explaination for why a girl beat him (since, what was it he said, something like "they just can't drive like guys")! LOL I just wish she'd use that welding mask...I mean sunglasses.

BTW - that's the best looking standard c6 I've seen.

Last edited by freefall; 02-22-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi Guys,

It was a good way to use up 12 days of our lives. It was an experience for sure.

Just some notes: The Mustang came to the event with a Pro Charger already installed. The Camaro and Challenger were big blocks, (Camaro was a 510cu in)
The Datsuns (nissans) were hurting the first day with no power. And our C6 needed some LG Headers for sure

The two best drivers there were Ken Gushi, and Clay Dale, the 39 year old North Georgia circle track driver.

Any one of you DE guys could have run our car at Rd Atlanta faster but this was about taking a group of drivers from different backgrounds and ages and putting them in the deep end.

Our driver was a 17 year old high school kid who drove his local asphalt circle track in a car with about 150 hp, so he was a bit surprised with the Corvette performance.

I personally didn't like some of the aspects of the event but it was still a good time.

Watch the show to see how it comes out. There will be 8 events total and 4 TV shows on Speed. I think each show will have its ups and downs but we have not seen the final production so we will be surprised also. I didn't remember some of the one liners that I said until I saw them last night.

Next show we get some upgrades. so Stay tuned. And next show I give the radio to my son Louis because I was out of my domain on the wrong side of the pit wall.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Not to discount the quality of effort put into the show by great teams such as LG, but I just don't see a second season of this show. Too many odd circumstances which discredit the show, such as when the kid in the 350Z deliberately and completely cut the course (very dangerous move, btw) and nothing was done about it by the officials. And, how about the Mustang going dead just before the race? Ran out of gas and couldn't figure it out? C'mon...!

I don't know....something was just a little strange about the show, from how the drivers were selected, to the diversity of the types of cars. Sure, pick some semi-experienced drivers, but at least put them all in the same cars. (LG prepped Corvettes would be cool!)

Lou, if your team doesn't run away with this thing, then it surely has to be driver related!
Old 02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Show was awesome, and a great thing for LGM . I could tell that most of the drivers were seriously lacking in ability.... That autocrosser gave autocrossers a bad name......When the driveshaft fell out of the challenger that was UGLY....... I had something like that happen on my 79 Z28 many moons ago, but not from that speed . Year One did not have a good showing.

What was the weather conditions during the drag race, Corvette performance seemed a little off, but those ugly 60 footers hurt bad. Burnout box with treaded tires is a bad idea.........

It was cool watching Lou's composure and his off handed comments were great...

I'll be watching next week for sure. I play video games, wish I would have known about this contest...I am just a dumb 'ole autocrosser, maybe they'd have let me play. I know which team I would have wanted to be with
Old 02-22-2007, 10:10 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Guys,

It was a good way to use up 12 days of our lives. It was an experience for sure.

Just some notes: The Mustang came to the event with a Pro Charger already installed. The Camaro and Challenger were big blocks, (Camaro was a 510cu in)
The Datsuns (nissans) were hurting the first day with no power. And our C6 needed some LG Headers for sure

The two best drivers there were Ken Gushi, and Clay Dale, the 39 year old North Georgia circle track driver.

Any one of you DE guys could have run our car at Rd Atlanta faster but this was about taking a group of drivers from different backgrounds and ages and putting them in the deep end.

Our driver was a 17 year old high school kid who drove his local asphalt circle track in a car with about 150 hp, so he was a bit surprised with the Corvette performance.

I personally didn't like some of the aspects of the event but it was still a good time.

Watch the show to see how it comes out. There will be 8 events total and 4 TV shows on Speed. I think each show will have its ups and downs but we have not seen the final production so we will be surprised also. I didn't remember some of the one liners that I said until I saw them last night.

Next show we get some upgrades. so Stay tuned. And next show I give the radio to my son Louis because I was out of my domain on the wrong side of the pit wall.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti LGM
Couldent drive a stake into snow had to be my favorite!
Al
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know, Its scary watching an 18 year old take your pride and joy ( with only 500 miles on it!) down the track, sideways.

That 14.1 pass, we tried the TC off for him, and it stepped out of the grove pretty hard towards the wall. He was not used to that much power, and pedaled it to the best of his ability, but still went slower.

The biggest improvement we made was getting him used to the clutch. Most of those passes were 2.6-2.8 60's, where the mustang had a 2.1 60'.

The car still only has 828 miles on it, and will be forsale at the end of the show.
Having TC on and those terrible 60' times, sure helps explain the horrible runs down the quarter. That was embarrassing for Vettes everywhere, getting beat by a Mustang driven by a girl. I sure hope Lou teaches this kid how to drive soon before he lets us all down.

BTW I enjoyed the show. The diversity of cars and drivers makes for an unfair and unpredictable competition. Because we all know that the Corvette is far ahead of the competition.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:32 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

I liked the drivers suit crack- " This is the top, your head goes here"
Old 02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Just my comments on the show.

-1st, how do you find out about stuff like that to put your name in the hat? I could have easily kept up with those guys.

-Hopefully that's not typical of what Year One can do, but I would have rather seen 6 showroom stock sports car on day one instead of the muscle cars and modded cars.

-I would think LG would have a huge advantage because of their racing background. It might be better if they got 6 race teams out there.

-Who gets the bill for the damage?

-I'd give it a 6 out of 10 for the racing (amateur drivers, and that cut through move), but a 9 for entertainment value. I'll be watching the rest of the shows, at least for more of Lou's one-liners if nothing else (but still not going to buy another X-box for at least a few more years)

Last edited by Lancer033; 02-22-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Lancer033
Just my comments on the show.

-1st, how do you find out about stuff like that to put your name in the hat? I could have easily kept up with those guys.

-Hopefully that's not typical of what Year One can do, but I would have rather seen 6 showroom stock sports car on day one instead of the muscle cars and modded cars.

-I would think LG would have a huge advantage because of their racing background. It might be better if they got 6 race teams out there.

-Who gets the bill for the damage?

-I'd give it a 6 out of 10 for the racing (amateur drivers, and that cut through move), but a 9 for entertainment value. I'll be watching the rest of the shows, at least for more of Lou's one-liners if nothing else (but still not going to buy another X-box for at least a few more years)

Hi guys,

First, we all heard about this at a late date. None of us were given any time to prepare. The Year One guys were still building their cars the night before the event. They are a good bunch of guys.

If you check out the Forza web sites, you would have heard about the event and they were taking applications on line.

I am sure that there were many Corvette forum members that would have spanked our driver. But you have to remember that the show was supposed to be a real live version of the video game. so they had to have a mix of cars, and for next episode a mix of modifacations.

We were told to show up with no more than 350 rwhp, and that is what we had. Stock exh manifold, cats etc. The Mustang did have a Pro charger but that was just the car they could find for the show at a late date.

Also keep in mind that we were told that WE would have to be responsible for our own damage, so if speed racer rolled my son's new 07 C6, we had to foot the bill.

It was our job to try to get our driver up to speed and keep pace with the other cars that were given mods as the producer felt necessary to equalize the combination of cars and drivers.

Stay tuned and you should be entertained. Again, that was the point, entertainment.

(note, the trap speed for our vette was only 107mph which is about normal to slow for a stock C6)

See you on the tube, and I hope thay got all my "wise cracks" on film.

thanks
Lou G

Get notified of new replies

To Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports

Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

Louis,

Where can a guy buy that front air dam ???

THANKS,

EE

2005 Silver Coupe
Z51, Z06 Motorspoprt Wheels, BFG Radial TAs,
LG Cam Kit, Dyno Tune, Ported Heads & TB, LT Headers, HallTech A/C, B&B Exhaust

Last edited by mwvettec5; 02-22-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:37 PM
bowmanm98

Can you mention anything about the suspension setup? Kid said it was oversteering I thought. I know the stock suspension isn't setup that way so I was wondering if you could share what changes you made.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

my guess was driver induced oversteer not car setup.

Quick Reply: Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports