Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bowmanm98
Can you mention anything about the suspension setup? Kid said it was oversteering I thought. I know the stock suspension isn't setup that way so I was wondering if you could share what changes you made.
I don't think he'd know the difference if it slapped him upside the head. A 100hp difference and he still could not outrun the 350z ?? Daaaayumm
Old 02-22-2007, 02:11 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Can you mention anything about the suspension setup? Kid said it was oversteering I thought. I know the stock suspension isn't setup that way so I was wondering if you could share what changes you made.
I drove the car long before we came to the show, and it was as neutral to a slight push as a Corvette would be.

I think he just wanted to sound "Expert" and give me feed back as though I would not know the difference.

You are correct that the tires were not even warm, and he basically jumped the gun on his evaluation of the handling.

THe chassis set up was stock except for a set of T1 bars. The only stipulation as far as "rules" was that we were not to show up with more than 350rwhp, which we didn't.

It was driver induced oversteer for sure.

The air dam is being built as an LG Motorsport part and will be available in a few weeks along with the rear spoiler and our own hood.

Thanks
Lou G
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
She is 18 and related to D.Cope (of NASCAR).
Angela Cope: Angela lives and breathes racing just like her fraternal twin sister Amber. They were only nine-years old when they were given their first go-kart for Christmas. But then again, what would you expect if you were the third-generation in a family of racers. Her uncle Derrike Cope won the Daytona 500 in 1990. Her racing class is Late Model / ARCA.
twins:

Old 02-22-2007, 03:31 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in Indianapolis last night in a Marroitt without Speed Channel - I was bummed out - looks like there is a rerun this weekend sometime though...
Old 02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I generally enjoyed the show, especially LG's one-liners, I'm concerned that they would actually allow novice drivers to race W2W on a road course in cars without cages/fire supression systems. I would have thought that they would make it a TT event based on lowest laptimes. The Nissan driver should have been black flagged after taking that "Zanardi Line" thru the corners.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:06 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi Joe,

Glad you enjoyed it. they did have roll bars in every car. We came to the event with our own roll bar installed then they sent all the cars down to a fab shop and had roll bars installed in every car.

Each driver was wearing a hans device, and each driver went through the Panoz school for the first 2 days.

Also, remember that all but one had some kind of racing license before they got there also. The girl had an ARCA license, our driver and Clay Dale (the Georgia driver) had circle track sanctioning body licenses. and the other two had at least SCCA regional licenses.

I agree about the Zanardi line, but they said his brakes went to the floor as the cause. And it would have been our C6 that got hit if any.

Yes, there were flaws, but not many. Yes, a couple of the drivers were lacking, but no matter.

it was still a great event, all is well that ends well.

Thanks
Lou G

PS, See you at Long Beach Joe.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Lou,
I REALLY, REALLY like what you have done to that C6! I have always thought that the standard C6 lacked a little pizzaz, but what you have done to that car is awesome.

When that car appears on the show, it should definitely blow away anything else as far as looks go and performance. Let's hope that your driver appreciates what he has been given to compete in!!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Too Tall Bob
Racer

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports

I agree about the Zanardi line, but they said his brakes went to the floor as the cause. And it would have been our C6 that got hit if any.
Brakes to the floor, eh? Hmmm...looks like his brakes were working pretty good after that "Shortcut"!

If my brake pedal went to the floor like that, I would have pulled in to have them checked. That sounds like a great speed secret that I'll try next time out!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:34 PM
B-ras
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Lancer033
twins:

Fraternal twins=not indentical.

Kinda ruins the fantasy.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Hi Joe,

Glad you enjoyed it. they did have roll bars in every car. We came to the event with our own roll bar installed then they sent all the cars down to a fab shop and had roll bars installed in every car.

Each driver was wearing a hans device, and each driver went through the Panoz school for the first 2 days.

Also, remember that all but one had some kind of racing license before they got there also. The girl had an ARCA license, our driver and Clay Dale (the Georgia driver) had circle track sanctioning body licenses. and the other two had at least SCCA regional licenses.

Yes, there were flaws, but not many. Yes, a couple of the drivers were lacking, but no matter.

it was still a great event, all is well that ends well.

Thanks
Lou G

PS, See you at Long Beach Joe.
Lou,

Thanks for the added info on the contestants driving experience and car prep. I did see that they were all wearing the HANS. Looking forward to watching the rest of the series and hearing more of your quotes.

And good luck on the upcoming SWC season, Sebring's only 3 weeks away! And I'll definitely drop by at LB (and hopefully help celebrate a championship at Laguna Seca).
Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

I enjoyed that first show... not too much "reality TV". I have just one question for Louis!! did you get her phone number??
...redvetracr
Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM
J Ritt
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched last night...Lou cracks me up with those one liners. It was a bit frustrating to watch the kid miss every apex on the course, but no matter. The LG C6 looked / performed great, and was obviously the car and team that most people wanted to get hooked up with. I'm looking forward to seeing some mods go on.

The poor guys with the muscle cars don't really stand a chance in any type of competition that includes handling. I think their best chance for points was the drag strip, and the guy from Hollywood was just plain lucky to not be impaled by the driveshaft! If that was me driving, I would have been pretty upset about being put in that situation.

The whole point of the show is to promote the video game, which looks to be stellar. I really enjoyed the first Forza, and I'm looking forward to playing the sequel. Dan G at Microsoft is a cool dude, so I have to give him respect for making such a killer game.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 PM
72Tornado
Pro

Originally Posted by JRitt@StopTech
The poor guys with the muscle cars don't really stand a chance in any type of competition that includes handling.
Enough mods and you can make a car handle as well as you want to (within reason, of course). It's not like the Camaro and Challenger are running stock leaf springs :p
Old 02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Code Z
Advanced

I waited with great expectations for months to see this...

A little disappointing...but what do you expect from media TV? I don't think they have a clue. Lou & crew (along with Year One) is the only credibility the show has.

What did I expect...the show is about a video game!!

I will continue to what it just to see LG and how things end up...however scripted. The muscle cars having major problems was just totally staged (both those cars are pretty much brand new), and the stang running out of fuel was pure unbelievable

I see one of the muscle cars or the chick winning it...that would be what the marketing TV guys would come up with for ratings.

Oh well, it's better than watching PINKS or Unique Autosports...how boring. SPEED should get a clue. or maybe it's just me.

Give SPEED some credit, they do show some awesome stuff too...like the Katech show on right now.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

My wife and I really enjoyed the show. It was definitely entertaining, and watching the drivers control their expressions as one by one they *didn't* get Lou's Vette; not much doubt which car everyone was wanting.

Really, really, scary about that driveshaft coming apart. When I saw the debris in the cockpit I was wondering why it wasn't contained. Aren't they running driveshaft hoops?

Assuming the competitions are *reasonably* accurate, Cope and the drift guy look to be amongst the best, but again, it's TV!

Lou, I hope you enjoyed your sleeping arrangments more than the guys that came in 6th!

One thing's for sure, I'll be watching. Who knows, it might give my son and I something more to watch together!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the show is alright, Ill watch it again.
But the only thing I didnt understand was I thought all the drivers were supposed to be novice, but Gushi in the 350z with mud tires is a pro drift driver.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

the next one might be worth watching

Spoiler

Get notified of new replies

To Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports

Old 02-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Coc5
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I really hope the Kid driving the LG Vette realizes how incredibly lucky he is.
I would KILL to be given that opportunity to work with LG Motorsports..
Old 02-24-2007, 06:18 PM
gfacter
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Entertaining for sure, I would like to see details on the mods that LG does to the C6 as the show is aired.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

They cut out all of what Lou was saying, but since they didn't have any time to make adjustments on the car, what I thought Lou was trying to tell the kid was to go in slow and come out fast, but make sure and hit your apexes. I was watching him and he was missing a lot of apexes. If the 350Z driver was driving the LG C6, he would've been a lap ahead of the kid. He was nuts, but he could drive. The kid looked like he had never been on a road course before.

Lou -- I don't remember you being such a ham. It was fun to watch.

Louis -- I had no idea that it was your car. I can understand the comments that were made now if that was your personal car and if you were responsible for any damage. It's good to see that the car appears to be in one piece. Unfortunately after watching the previews for the next show, it looks like one of the 350Z's isn't.

The 350Z's should've come to the track with some kind of power adder. They only put out about 250hp to the rear wheels stock at the most.

Was that move cutting the chicane legal? I think that it's a bit nuts to try something like that, but I wonder if it's legal because Alex Zanardi pulled something like it at Laguna Seca. Not that deliberate, but still...

Quick Reply: Forza Motorsports Showdown on Speed Wed Feb 21st with LG Motorsports