Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dewitts Radiator w/EOC (C5 drivers side connection) install & hose lengths.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Dewitts Radiator w/EOC (C5 drivers side connection) install & hose lengths.

I recieved my Dewitts Radaitor with EOC w/ hook ups on the driver side along with the hose kit that includes the Lingenfelter block adapter.

Everything is fairly self explanatory on the hook up, but I have to ask if others had problems with the "kit" hose lengths being way too long? It seems I have an extra 6-8" on the top fitting and an extra 8-10" on the bottom fitting. With braided hose its not that easy to stuff extra hose!!!

Looking for some tips from those that have installed it with the hose kit supplied by DeWitt.

Although this may seem the most obvious route to run the hose, it is not the correct route unless you want to make the hose shorter. Needless to say this route also may make the connections at the wrong angle to hook up...

Last edited by qwik96GS; 05-29-2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:52 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 710 Likes on 491 Posts

looks like the sent the hoses for the passenger side oil cooler. I'd cut them to fit and move the fittings.

You can always loop them around the headers to help cool the exhaust
Old 05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Maybe I am just routing it differently. Tom DeWitt said "Most people route these along the motor and out near the abs system, then 90 degree off to the driver side."

And a plus if I need to shorten them

"The hose ends are "reuseable" so you can cut the hose and re-install ends if you want. Cutting the ss hose needs to be done with a grinder or cut off wheel."

A picture is always nice if anyone has one...

Best I have found is this from a post by Cobra4B, which is a little different then I had them routed so I am going to give this path a shot.

They go in between the motor mount and the block then out under the powersteering rack.

Last edited by qwik96GS; 05-29-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:31 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

yeah, use a grinder if you want your lines to be full of little particles of rubber and SS.......

This is the right way to cut SS line.. $35 at summit
Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Last time I cut a set I taped up the area with blue tape real good and used a hack saw. Cut straight and no little extra peices flung around because of the tape.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Got it all installed. Guess I might as well document some pictures for the next person that does a search to figure this install out!

A good tool to have is 7/8" & 1" crowsfeet. Great for tightening the fittings while the adapter block is installed and the upper radiator fitting.

Lingenfelter block adapter

Lines run in between the block and engine mount

Bottom hose routing

Top hose routing

Top fitting

As hard as I tried I just coule not get the fittings to line up on the top connection when running it from underneath the fitting as shown in the Cobra4B's picture.

If you run the hoses this way there will be very little slack and no shortning is required...

Last edited by qwik96GS; 05-29-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

who did you get the "kit" from???
Old 05-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
who did you get the "kit" from???
DeWitt sells an EOC hose kit with the Lingenfelter block adapter. Once I got the hose routed the right way it was a perfect fit.

This kit include the 892 lingenfelter adpater and two stainless steel hose assemblies for left side mounted EOC

Kit: http://www.dewitts.com/pages/product...asp?ProdID=412

I priced it comparing it to the last EOC I hooked up on my C4 where I had to buy the hose & all the fittings seperately. The kit price is right within range.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11
Default Well, I'm still thinkin' but ...

Reading all radiator/cooler upgrade threads with great interest ... (for a C5Z and driver hoping to see half-dozen or more "recreational" HPDE weekends at the track yearly until they put me on the porch!)

Can install be just the water first, with a plug for the EOC (and the DRM PS cooler option) until later? ...
(I may want to get something going in June, before VIR early July ...)

Any experience on how much just the upgraded water radiator helps oil temp? (the heat/cooling transfer thing)
Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

You can do the oil cooler later.

I decided on the Doug Rippie kit. Their adapter will clear my headers, and their racing heritage means a lot to "old timers" like me.

In my experience, racing extrememly high rpm, an air-to-oil cooler can reduce temps 50-60deg, while an water-to-oil will only lower oil temps 30 deg or so. You are limited by how cool the water gets, but these radiators are about 3x larger than OEM (cooling surface and thickness), so you do still see a nice gain.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by MungoZ06
Can install be just the water first, with a plug for the EOC (and the DRM PS cooler option) until later? ...

Any experience on how much just the upgraded water radiator helps oil temp? (the heat/cooling transfer thing)
Thanks
I did just that on my C4. Hooked up the new radiator then later on hooked up the EOC part of it. With just the big radiator in it helped on the cooling temps, but nothing on the oil temps until the EOC was hooked up.

Last edited by qwik96GS; 05-30-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MungoZ06
Reading all radiator/cooler upgrade threads with great interest ... (for a C5Z and driver hoping to see half-dozen or more "recreational" HPDE weekends at the track yearly until they put me on the porch!)

Thanks
You can plug off any part of the radiator without any problems. Well besides the water of course.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To Dewitts Radiator w/EOC (C5 drivers side connection) install & hose lengths.

Quick Reply: Dewitts Radiator w/EOC (C5 drivers side connection) install & hose lengths.