Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting locations for EOC and TOC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Radiator and mounting locations for EOC and TOC?

It's almost summer, track season is in full swing and the "hot" question now is cooling while road racing.

I have my LPE engine oil cooler (EOC) and GM T1 transmission oil cooler (TOC) mounted on my A/C core, which appears to be a popular location for these coolers.

My coolant temperatures are great as long as I don't use my A/C while daily driving. However, as soon as I turn on my A/C my coolant temperatures quickly jump from 210 to 280 and higher into the "red" due to the "heat sink" effect of the oil coolers on the A/C core.

Are there alternate locations for the EOC and TOC on the C5 that you guys are using - without going with a radiator with an integrated EOC and/or TOC? I have a DeWitts radiator with no coolers.

I look forward to learning from the experienced road racers that are using these coolers and have experienced these types of cooling issues. Please post your pics if you have them. Thanks.

Last edited by Gray Ghost GS; 06-01-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Mounting locations for EOC and TOC?