Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thedickstrap? Anyone used it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default thedickstrap? Anyone used it?

I found this online and I thought it was interesting since many clubs are not allowing harnesses to be used that do not go through the seats...

Is this a safe alternative? Nevermind...I see it is only to keep the harnesses in a reachable location...

thedickstrap
“A shoulder belt holder
for the secure Racing Guy”
For Corvette, Porsche & Nopi Racing Part. #09028

For the Racer to secure shoulder belt harness while road or drag racing. No need to purchase an expensive racing seat, just slip “thedickstrap” over the center of the seat (face logo forward) and run straps through left and right side straps. Holds shoulder straps in place for racing so you can reach them. Remove and store when not in use. “ The Strap you can depend on!”
Featuring : flexible, smoother, more versatile, some adjustment, and responsive. Color: Black - Used for all production single seater type harness systems.
Available thru dealers! Retail $49.95 each
Also……it may fit your race car, try it today!
Gentlemen get your straps!
Not to be used as a safety harness, only for belt location.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

I thought the dickstrap was going to be some sort of anti-submarine belt.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all I'd never use anything named the dick strap but that's up to you.

The stock seats are not adequate for harnesses. I thought they were but I talked in length about this very subject with the Director of Safety for NASA racing. Basically he'd say that you could potentially submarine with that setup.

When it comes to safety you either have to go full seats(correctly sized to your body) harness 5 or 6 pt and installed the right way. The shoulder belts have to come off the bar at a certain angle or else other disasters can happen. The stock 3 point is safer than a poorly designed harness setup. I really don't have the time to go into all the various examples it but basically do it right or don't do it at all. I have sparco seats but I'm too tall for the harness holes so I use the stock belt instead. Do you really want your life to be in the hands of a dick strap?

Get notified of new replies

To thedickstrap? Anyone used it?

Quick Reply: thedickstrap? Anyone used it?