Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished up the Ultrashield Pro Roadrace seat install w/ Hardbar mounts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Default Finished up the Ultrashield Pro Roadrace seat install w/ Hardbar mounts.

Have decided to make my car a full track car over the next few years and get a vert for the street. Now that I have a truck to pull the car to the track I've stepped it up a notch with a proper track seat.

After sitting in a pair in my buddy's turbo C4 I went with the Ultashield Pro Roadrace 17" seat w/ 20 degree layback. To mount them I chose the Hardbar seat mount kit by Gary Hoffman as it's the best out there.

After a little tweaking I got it just right tonight and hooked up all my harnesses.

Here's some pics... VIR should be a blast next weekend with the stock seat gone, 50 more rwhp from the cam, and a new set of Kumho V710s.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 06-11-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:03 AM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring back video of your fastest laps. Do you have a camera and mount? What is your fastest lap on full at VIR? We need a base time to see how much you pick up. I just bought some V710's also. Can't wait for the Chin and Viper Days events!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by ZO6-Driver
Bring back video of your fastest laps. Do you have a camera and mount? What is your fastest lap on full at VIR? We need a base time to see how much you pick up. I just bought some V710's also. Can't wait for the Chin and Viper Days events!
I do, but I let my dad borrow it to tape his laps and never took it out of his car, I'll swap it out for some footage. I really don't know what my fastest lap is, the only event I've ever been timed at was Viperdays in 2004 and I ran a 2:15 w/ 370 rwhp, Kumho Ecsta MX street tires, and a stock seat and seatbelt. Other than that who knows.

What wheels did you put the 710s on? Ever get the trans and dif coolers etc done?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
ZO6-Driver
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the V710's on stock wheels. No, I am still gathering all I need to install the coolers.

With the upgrades you've done, you should knock off 5-6 seconds.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

^ I'm most excited about having a real seat that I fit in... I'm now low enough to be able to properly heel/toe w/o my knees hitting the wheel, and I can see out the windshield when looking to the right w/o having to look down below the rearview mirror. Seems being tall isn't optimal when it comes to racing/tracking cars.

Now I don't have to spend the effort fighting myself in the car etc.... can focus on driving and driving fast. The cam and the new tires are just icing on the cake.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 06-11-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Finished up the Ultrashield Pro Roadrace seat install w/ Hardbar mounts.

Quick Reply: Finished up the Ultrashield Pro Roadrace seat install w/ Hardbar mounts.