Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone going to be at BARBER this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Anyone going to be at BARBER this weekend?

PCA event Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Well, I was there!

Maybe you saw me, I was driving the Corvette convertible that was towed off track due to leaking oil on the headers and making enough smoke to make track officials think that my car was getting ready to explode.

I think it was the push lok hose that came loose under the heat off of the headers and allowed oil by, but I didn't lose oil pressure, so I wasn't sure what was going on...

Thank you very much to that corner worker who put the small fire out that consumed my extended wiring on my oil cooler temperature sender. I put a hose clamp on the oil cooler hose, and ran without that issue the next day.

Before that even happened, I broke a rotor after cool down from the first session, that was a quick fix, but it still kept me from running a complete session 2 on Saturday.

Well Sunday I went solo, after moving to the intermediate group, which I should've started out in, or maybe even the advanced group, but they didn't want to let me have an instructor unless I was in the beginner group, and I wanted an instructor.

Sunday was alright, but my transmission held me up big time, as it was at first having difficulty shifting into 3rd, and then later went out altogether, leaving me with only Reverse, 1rst, and 2nd.

Bummer, didn't get a chance to break my previouse track record, but it gave me the final excuse to go buy a Level IV RPM transmission and a truck TC. I can’t wait to get it all back together and burn the track up again for this Septembers’ Chin event.

Thanks to all the cool folks who gave me rides, Tim Nagy, and my instructor David Kim, who was pushing his 350z for all it was worth (no offense David, but it could use a V8 )

Thanks especially to David Leonard, who I finally got a chance to ride with, although it wasn’t in his car, but his brother Toms' rocketstang. They say that it’s having problems, but I didn’t notice as David didn’t have too much trouble eating up one of the APR Porsches that was at the track.

I got to ride shotgun with Randy Pobst in a 2007 awd Porsche 996, tuned out to 500+whp, that was an amazing experience. Randy is a class act guy too. Really cool fella, gave me pointers as he took me around the track for 4 laps, in a powersliding/drifting fashion.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:09 PM
vette6aut0x
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you had a good time. I was afraid that youwre so damned big that you wouldn't be able get in the car, and I don't mean fat. David Leonard, your local track drugee.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 PM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vette6aut0x
Glad you had a good time. I was afraid that youwre so damned big that you wouldn't be able get in the car, and I don't mean fat. David Leonard, your local track drugee.
I curled up like a roly poly to fit in Tim Nagy's Porsche, that 'stang was nothin', it was more like an astronaut, crawling into a space capsule...

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone going to be at BARBER this weekend?

Quick Reply: Anyone going to be at BARBER this weekend?