Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB:Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:24 AM
GregK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTB:Coilovers

Looking for a used set in good condition at a good price. I have a short time to get my Z06 ready for an upcoming track day so I need to find a set quickly also. Otherwise I'll buy new. Thanks....
Old 06-24-2007, 11:42 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they are usually scarce if you are in a rush. Your plan be would probably be a better choice.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:52 PM
GregK
Racer

Originally Posted by John Shiels
they are usually scarce if you are in a rush. Your plan be would probably be a better choice.
Yeah, I know. I'm just hoping for some kind of small miracle.
I was going to get in on a group purchase but the delivery time was too long. Great price though.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Took me about 2 weeks before I scored a set of DRM's. Be patient. One more track day on your old setup may be worth an extra $1000 to you. Remember, a rebuilt shock will perform like a new one, so there's little gain going with new.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:18 PM
GregK
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Took me about 2 weeks before I scored a set of DRM's. Be patient. One more track day on your old setup may be worth an extra $1000 to you. Remember, a rebuilt shock will perform like a new one, so there's little gain going with new.
I can afford to wait about 3 weeks before I need to do something. I could do another track day with the setup "as-is" but my car is lowered with cut bushings and I'm worried about bottoming the shocks. It works fine in auto-cross but the speeds will be MUCH higher and the track has a few bumps.
I wouldn't have to worry about this if you hadn't beat me to the punch on the DRMs offered by Joel.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GregK
I can afford to wait about 3 weeks before I need to do something. I could do another track day with the setup "as-is" but my car is lowered with cut bushings and I'm worried about bottoming the shocks. It works fine in auto-cross but the speeds will be MUCH higher and the track has a few bumps.
I wouldn't have to worry about this if you hadn't beat me to the punch on the DRMs offered by Joel.
Timing is everything.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB:Coilovers

Quick Reply: WTB:Coilovers