Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCCC Nashville Convention Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 03:22 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default NCCC Nashville Convention Pictures

Here are a few pics we took from Nashville last week. The week started with a Car show,Rally,Drags,Record Drags,High Speed and low speed Autocross. There was some very close racing for all classes and events all week. Had a blast and everyone kept the right side up.

Roughly 800 people attended and the following number competed.

High speed entrants- 161
Low speed entrants- 230
Bracket Drags-102
Record Drags- 60
Concours show- 53
Rally- 134

Aaron Quine

Old 06-24-2007, 08:06 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Nice pictures, That was on my list of things to do this summer....duh!!! forgot to put it on the calendar

Did they post results yet?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:15 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by L98Terror
Nice pictures, That was on my list of things to do this summer....duh!!! forgot to put it on the calendar

Did they post results yet?
There was so many classes I could not tell you. If there is a way I can get copies, I will post here.

Next years convention will be at Tulsa using Hallett Motor Speedway. This way You can put it on your calender now!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:59 PM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Let's all just vote for Michigan in 09' and pencil it in as well!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Carolina C4 Racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting your pics Arron. Hopefully Donna & a few others will post their pics soon. It was as much fun as I could stand in a week.
Anthony
Old 06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the pictures of the DRM cars!!! I hope they did well down there.

Randy
Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So how did the T1 car do in the 1/4?

Tim
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Results please!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:55 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Timz06
So how did the T1 car do in the 1/4?

Tim
12.83 @ 112 MPH Consistantly. launched at 3,000 RPM and shifted at 6,500. Not bad for a wet 3,380 LB car with 365 RWHP.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM

Randy

Beautiful cars you did Randy! They ran great and looked good too.

Johnny Haskell,Ray Meeseman,Danny kellemeyer,myself and a few others dooked it out on the high speed and low speed in class RP. Some how I managed to sneak under them (Except Danny K.) by a thousands of a second on the high speed and low speed.

Danny K. had 1st and I was 2nd in the high speed. Low speed I was 1st place and overall FTD. Johnny was 2nd and Ray 3rd.

Mike Edmondson was screaming in his IIIE John Deer Green C4 with a 1st in class in both events. Great Job buddy!

Debbie Haskell set FTD group III for ladies in the high and low speed events.

Donna had FTD in group II I believe in both events.

There was alot more people with great runs, but I can't remember all of them. Hopefully they will chime in and update us.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

I managed to get FTD for Group I on the low-speed with a 54.789, but missed it on the high-speed by .7 seconds from Bruce Wentzel in his IM C6Z. Home-field advantage just wasn't enough to overcome Bruces driving and horsepower!

Didn't get to meet you Aaron as we were on opposite sides of the track all week, but your times were as impressive as your hauler and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you some other time.

Was a fun event, and I'm hoping maybe I can make it out to Tulsa next year with some fresher tires and more seat-time.

Edit: There is a site up for results now, but none posted yet - looks like they'll be here soon.

Last edited by mikahb; 06-26-2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Added results link
Old 06-26-2007, 06:49 PM
tedster
Advanced

I'd like to thank Aaron for posting the pix and Angie for taking them, including my lowly, bone stock (except for tires) daily driver with 146,000 mi.......I'll bet you can't guess which one?.....................

Give up yet? Ok, it's #628......as if you couldn't tell her apart from all those cool race cars.

And in spite of her greatest flaws residing in between the steering wheel and the seat, she was good enough to take 1st place in Group 2J and 4th of 25 in Group B of the bracket drags (that problem between the steering wheel and seat screwed up the fifth run with a -0.061 red-light). Got a whuppin' in the high-speed with a 4th place, tho'.

It's been a busy month, beginning with 2 days of high speeds at Putnam Park, followed by another 7 high speeds at Waterford Hills. These events were appropriate precursors to the NCCC Convention.

It was great fun watching the RPs duke it out, with Aaron, Danny Kellermeyer (the yellow one), Ray Meeseman (the Turquoise Terror) and John Haskell (red monster with the numbers in the silhouette of South Carolina) running neck and neck.

Also, special thanks to the Quine's and Kumho's hospitality, as well as to the Kellermeyer crew. They were always there to help, not just with tech support, but with cool drinks and water to combat the stifling heat (each day was in the high 90s with matching humidity).

And if all that wasn't enough, upon returning to MI, Bruce & Mary Wentzel and I participated in a DCSCC autox hosted by AROC-Detroit at Oakland University on Sunday.

I've had a great time....winning and good luck always brightens my outlook! And never underestimate the value of luck!

Whew! I need to take a break...........
Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tedster
I'd like to thank Aaron for posting the pix and Angie for taking them, including my lowly, bone stock (except for tires) daily driver with 146,000 mi.......I'll bet you can't guess which one?.....................

Give up yet? Ok, it's #628......as if you couldn't tell her apart from all those cool race cars.

And in spite of her greatest flaws residing in between the steering wheel and the seat, she was good enough to take 1st place in Group 2J and 4th of 25 in Group B of the bracket drags (that problem between the steering wheel and seat screwed up the fifth run with a -0.061 red-light). Got a whuppin' in the high-speed with a 4th place, tho'.

It's been a busy month, beginning with 2 days of high speeds at Putnam Park, followed by another 7 high speeds at Waterford Hills. These events were appropriate precursors to the NCCC Convention.

It was great fun watching the RPs duke it out, with Aaron, Danny Kellermeyer (the yellow one), Ray Meeseman (the Turquoise Terror) and John Haskell (red monster with the numbers in the silhouette of South Carolina) running neck and neck.

Also, special thanks to the Quine's and Kumho's hospitality, as well as to the Kellermeyer crew. They were always there to help, not just with tech support, but with cool drinks and water to combat the stifling heat (each day was in the high 90s with matching humidity).

And if all that wasn't enough, upon returning to MI, Bruce & Mary Wentzel and I participated in a DCSCC autox hosted by AROC-Detroit at Oakland University on Sunday.

I've had a great time....winning and good luck always brightens my outlook! And never underestimate the value of luck!

Whew! I need to take a break...........

Good to see you again Ted. Angie says your welcome for the picture taking. I calculated we went through 240 bottled waters, but boy was it good and kept us going.

Hope to see you down the road soon!

Aaron Quine & Angie Lattimer ( Not a Quine yet)
Old 06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

was a great time!! note to self,pump up the tires.....
thanks for all the pictures!!
Johnny
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
racerwannabe
Pro

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM

Randy
mines sure not a drag car!!! went 124 but took 12.7 to get there....randy you will be hearing from ken in tuson..his motor went sour..i can only brag on the red monster,in spite of me it performed great!!!
johnny
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 PM
NASCAR314
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the pics

How was the rest of the activities for the week?
Accomadations?
Nightly social activities?
Rallye?
Ect..,?

I too, missed it, AGAIN, hard to get a whole week straight off work.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NASCAR314
Thanks for the pics

How was the rest of the activities for the week?
Accomadations?
Nightly social activities?
Rallye?
Ect..,?

I too, missed it, AGAIN, hard to get a whole week straight off work.
Tom,
It was great weather but HOT all week! Hotel was the Marriott by the airport in Nashville and was very nice. Great bands were there and even Erica Joe, a new country singer climbing the ladder sang for us one evening. She was a looker too.

Rally was good from what I heard but did not try it. Kinda hard to do in a race car.

All in all it was a great convention with about 800 people or so. Hope you can make it to Tulsa for next year, they say it's going to be a good one.

Get notified of new replies

To NCCC Nashville Convention Pictures

Old 06-29-2007, 10:18 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by ZedOtSix
I managed to get FTD for Group I on the low-speed with a 54.789, but missed it on the high-speed by .7 seconds from Bruce Wentzel in his IM C6Z.
Bruce bought a C6Z? !
Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 AM
rasrboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BrianCunningham
Bruce bought a C6Z? !
Bruce had a Blue C6 Z last year and just traded it for a Ron Fellows edition white one.

Add another one to his fleet.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by rasrboy
Bruce had a Blue C6 Z last year and just traded it for a Ron Fellows edition white one.

Add another one to his fleet.
Very cool car - btw. I'm not a fan of white cars at all, but that one was quite purdy. Of course, I guess I'm also slightly partial to 505hp.

Here is a video of the high-speed, btw. Good times!

Quick Reply: NCCC Nashville Convention Pictures